Mileage in 1974 or 2017

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
deliquium

Re: Mileage in 1974 or 2017

Post by deliquium »

Cycled 358 days in 2017 for a total of 10,241 miles. The 7 days off were all wind related - storms or severe gales making it too dangerous :(

Not a single motor vehicle journey nor bus nor train - bike or walk only - just like the 3 previous years
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

deliquium wrote:Cycled 358 days in 2017 for a total of 10,241 miles. The 7 days off were all wind related - storms or severe gales making it too dangerous :(

Not a single motor vehicle journey nor bus nor train - bike or walk only - just like the 3 previous years

+99! No boats either?

Would you like to work as the Travel Czar Cymru?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
+99! No boats either?

I'm an all play and no work Cymro :wink:

And no boats, kayaks, canoes, surfboards and no aeroplanes - just two wheels or two feet. Nearest village 3½ miles down the valley, nearest town 12 miles. 6 bikes for all occasions :roll:
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
whoof

Post by whoof »

deliquium wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:
+99! No boats either?

And no boats, kayaks, canoes, surfboards and no aeroplanes - just two wheels or two feet. Nearest village 3½ miles down the valley, nearest town 12 miles. 6 bikes for all occasions :roll:

Sounds like there's only one bus every 3 to 4 years anyway so you might as well cycle.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

deliquium wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:
+99! No boats either?

You are an inspiration and role-model for me and doubtless for others. You could surely thoyle a coracle

I have been wondering where I might live in retirement, needs to be good for cycling but near a town and a rail station because I like cinema and think I need social contacts ..
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies