What sort of cyclist adulates cars?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2

Re: What sort of cyclist adulates cars?

Post by reohn2 »

mrjemm wrote:A couple of years ago there was a preponderance of threads regarding going car-free. They started to get a tad smug and on my nelly, but then those dropped off, and in recent times more and more threads have veered towards the engine, with thread drifts like this, and many many threads regarding a certain BBC television show and it's creator that end up almost praising it/him. Can we go back to the car-free support group threads please?

Less a yoghurt knitting, leftie-pinko, tree-hugging deviant than well... OK, so I am.

:D :D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Top Gear? Watched a bit, it seemed rather sad. Lost whatever plot it had?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
BigFoz

Post by BigFoz »

I used to be a petrol head, but realistically, almost nothing built this century is hugely appealing, and most are simply full size video games. As a result I;ve become very utilitarian in my car outlook.

I could find space in my garage (If I had one) for a collection of motorbikes and a couple of classics (including early Skyline), but that's about it.

Lotus Evora nice, but too low now for my creaking knees
Any V12 Lambo - audibly gorgeous, pointless in real life