If money was not an issue...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Elizabethsdad

Re: If money was not an issue...

Post by Elizabethsdad »

If money was no object then I would have a whole range of bikes/trikes in purpose made secure store. Top of the list would be the new Q4W velomobile currently in development, the ICE fat trike, Surly moonlander, Urban Arrow cargo bike complete with lockable cargo box that can be swapped out with the child carrying pod and also the Urban Arrow in the shorty version, Circe Helios and Circe Morpheus tandems - again with all the load and passenger carrying options. I also like the Reise and muller Blue Label range so the Cruiser, the Komfort and the Transporter also the Load cargo bike. They would all have hub dynamos for lights with USB power outlet, hub gears Rohlhoff or nuvinci and disc brakes. I'd then have seven of each in the colours of the rainbow and labelled Monday, Tuesday etc. Lastly I would get in touch with my local Sustrans group to make them available for people to borrow. GPS tracking device on each one would be a good idea then. I haven't totted that lot up - well if money is no object who's counting - but I wouldn't reckon on much change from a £million ;-)
jamesbradbury

Post by jamesbradbury »

A bigger garage! The cost of which is likely to be more than an individual bike. Then I'd go for a wider variety of bikes than current space allows.

If it was bike-only money then a ti racing tandem, probably with electronic shifting.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

If money was no object, I'd have a custom frameset.

And time to tinker. :D
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

If money was no object ...............

I would rent endlessly. Owning individual bikes would be a waste.

Not an exhaustive list would be a Rohloff Thorn, a top of the range ICE trike, full-on road bike, a top of the range Moulton, and a decent folding bike.

If money still was no object, I'd have a car or two as well - but rent them.
Mick F. Cornwall
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

I have the bikes I want. I do need an endless pot of money.
NUKe

Post by geocycle »

I've got the bike I'd want, just need the time to ride it...
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

geocycle wrote:I've got the bike I'd want, just need the time to ride it...

NUKe wrote:I have the bikes I want. I do need an endless pot of money.

i second both!

As i have the full carbon Super Record already and the folder and the audax and the cross/tourer and a mtn bike...what more could i want?

Apart from the time and money to fully enjoy them :(
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

My stable is full…… A Mercian Professional road bike, a Salsa Vaya tourer, a Cannondale Rush full suss MTB vwith a carbon lefty and just lately a Brompton ML6 folder. I cannot think of any sort of bike that would give me a different cycling experience? Whatever I buy I am just interested in substance not bling which is why I asked for this for my birthday instead of a Rolex! http://www.nigelohara.com/casio-wva-m64 ... oCJCnw_wcB
I would like to try a full carbon light as a feather bling road bike just for the experience and may go and see my pals at the local Evans branch in the summer to try one, but I don't think I will buy one. I think I look just right on the Mercian because its getting fairly ancient just like me! :lol:

Al
Last edited by al_yrpal on 2 Dec 2014, 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Colin_P

Post by Colin_P »

Money no object. Then being able to afford to give up work and actually get out and cycle more would be a good start.
Thermostat9

Post by Thermostat9 »

simonineaston wrote:http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk/models/MoultonJUBILEEVeloce.html

I'll take a New Series (which I prefer to the Double Pylon - and that will 'save' me £6900 that I don't have!)

(Actually quite surprised that a stainless NS is 'only'(! :shock: ) the price of 2 Jubilee Sportives!)
AM7

Post by AM7 »

Thermostat9 wrote:
simonineaston wrote:http://www.moultonbicycles.co.uk/models/MoultonJUBILEEVeloce.html

I'll take a New Series (which I prefer to the Double Pylon - and that will 'save' me £6900 that I don't have!)

(Actually quite surprised that a stainless NS is 'only'(! :shock: ) the price of 2 Jubilee Sportives!)

My lust after bike is an AM20-2, cos I like the look of 17" Moultons and, at a mere £4.5k, I could conceivably afford it one day. But if money really was no object, I would go for the Double Pylon just because it's 'top of the range'.

Until then, I guess I'll stick with my TSR30...
BigFoz

Post by BigFoz »

A NOS Colnago BiTitan with 9spd Record Titanium and some sexy light alloy rimmed wheels. Oh, and Delta brakes. The Deltas on my current nice weather bike are simply fantastic.
maff1977

Post by maff1977 »

for me, money isn't an issue... as i don't have any :lol:
Godlykepower

Post by Godlykepower »

Okay, I'm seeing that people around here like trikes and Moultons!

The trikes thing I can kind of see...they look fun, but Moultons? Someone is going to have to point out what I'm missing...they are ugly and look ridiculous and are so expensive. What's going on there then?
I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That's like saying AC/DC have an awesomeness problem.
andrewk

Post by andrewk »

If money were not an issue....a Maserati for me. OK, so its a car...but a jolly nice one.