Rides and ribs

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
barbelfisher

Rides and ribs

Post by barbelfisher »

Well, I finally got out today after having most of January off. I suffered a few broken ribs after falling in my son's bath early in the month. ( I was totally sober) I felt so good when I got home, only 15 miles and a frozen drink to boot. But...on the road again as the song goes. Looking forward now to the Birthday rides in August.
NUKe

Re: Rides and ribs

Post by NUKe »

Good to see you are onthe mend
NUKe

Post by Heltor Chasca »

barbelfisher wrote:Well, I finally got out today after having most of January off. I suffered a few broken ribs after falling in my son's bath early in the month. ( I was totally sober) I felt so good when I got home, only 15 miles and a frozen drink to boot. But...on the road again as the song goes. Looking forward now to the Birthday rides in August.

Good work! Ribs are strange ones to break. I broke 2 falling off a bike going down Wrynose Pass in the lakes. The weirdest bit was a piece of grass impaled my lip [emoji43]I had to go to A&E 5 days later when my comfort slowly deteriorated. I hadn't realised what I'd done and the duty doc gave me a right lecture about lungs etc.

Glad you are chipper....hc
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

I once cracked one, possibly two, ribs falling onto a horse.
(Most people do it falling off.) :roll:
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Flinders wrote:I once cracked one, possibly two, ribs falling onto a horse.

Oh you've got to explain that one.
NUKe

Post by pwa »

Nice to be on the mend isn't it. I think one of the worst things about cracked ribs is loss of sleep because you can't lie down comfortably.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

pwa wrote:Nice to be on the mend isn't it. I think one of the worst things about cracked ribs is loss of sleep because you can't lie down comfortably.

Yeah. I couldn't have a cuddle for months. The bust ribs are nothing compared to my emotional scarring...hc
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Flinders wrote:I once cracked one, possibly two, ribs falling onto a horse.

Explain yourself......you can't just leave it like that!
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
hondated

Post by hondated »

barbelfisher wrote:Well, I finally got out today after having most of January off. I suffered a few broken ribs after falling in my son's bath early in the month. ( I was totally sober) I felt so good when I got home, only 15 miles and a frozen drink to boot. But...on the road again as the song goes. Looking forward now to the Birthday rides in August.

Sorry to read that and glad your on the mend.
Its also served to remind me not to venture out until the roads have thawed in this weather.
andy65

Post by andy65 »

I have broken ribs on more than one occasion and can testify that they are much more painful than people think.