There are 14 questions to gather information about what sorts of improvements could encourage people to enjoy more cycling and horse riding in the Ridgeway area and about people's current use of the Trail. Views from landowners are also important since some may be able to offer to create connecting routes or upgrade footpaths to bridleways. Businesses may be interested in proposing new services for cyclists and horse riders, such as accommodation, cycle repair, refreshments etc.
Particularly welcome are ideas as to how we can cater for riders where the Trail follows footpaths through the Chilterns, and this is addressed by the last question in the survey. Do you know any great riding routes in the following areas?
1. Stretch of Ridgeway along Grim's Ditch and through Ewelme Park and Swyncombe Park (near Wallingford, Oxfordshire).
2. Lodge Hill stretch near Bledlow and Saunderton (near Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire).
3. Whiteleaf to Wendover stretch (near Princes Risborough and Wendover, Buckinghamshire).
4. Short footpath stretch past Chivery (near St Leonards, Buckinghamshire).
5. Stretch from Tring Park to Ivinghoe Beacon / Ashridge estate (near Tring, Herfordshire).
The more people who take part in the survey, the more information we will have to help us shape a project that has lots of benefits for lots of people. Please spread the word about the survey! Thank you.
See https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ridgeway/news/your-ideas-cycling-and-horse-riding-along-ridgeway for more information and to complete the survey.
 Also see this article by Cycling UK about creating a Ridgeway Riders Route https://www.cyclinguk.org/blog/creating-ridgeway-riding-route