c2c which bike

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
allan/1967

c2c which bike

Post by allan/1967 »

hi,all i`m thinking of buying a cannondale/specialized hardtail bike ..through the cycle to work scheme.. but have no idea which bike to buy i am also looking to do the coast to coast ride from whitehaven to tynemouth as well..my budget is no more than £700...after a bike with lockout forks/blow out ( rockshox ) any advice on which bike would be grateful
hamster

Re: c2c which bike

Post by hamster »

Frankly they are pretty similar - buy the one that you like to ride most and with the dealer you feel will give best support.

Any MTB will do C2C fine. I did it 20 years ago on a rigid MTB.
Mattyfez

Post by Mattyfez »

Youd be hard pressed to beat the Bizango at that budget, it' pretty much univeraslly praised and won mbr hartail of the year and got 4.5 out of five on bike radar. And youll have £100 spare for acessories.

http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/voodoo-bizango-29er-review-2013

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/hardtail/product/review-voodoo-bizango-15-49837/

Dont know what specs the ones you referenced are, but I bet they are not as good!
hamster

Post by hamster »

Have to agree with considering a Voodoo, really nice handling bikes, Kona are very similar.
PH

Post by PH »

Re C2C, it's a lovely ride and if you look on google images you'll see that it's been done on just about every sort of bike, with hybrids probably the most common. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but really it isn't a good basis for choosing which bike to buy.
allan/1967

Post by allan/1967 »

thanks to all who have taken the time to reply...i decided on the cannondale trail 4 ...just awaiting delivery