Orange Five Advice and Help.

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
applesandoranges

Orange Five Advice and Help.

Post by applesandoranges »

Hi, i am soon wanting to buy a orange five mountain Bike 27.5 . The last time i test ridden a 5 i loved it. Strong, capable on climbs and excellent for me as i am more of a beefy thrash it type of rider.

Ive not been keeping up with the crack on newer models as due to tight finances ive had to stick to my old giant anthem for about 4 years. Now i have a budget of about £1200 to £1500 for a second hand five.

I need some inforation and advice. I am around 5ft9 and I have a inner leg of about 31. Ive always had meium frames. Would the medium frame more be suited for me ?.ive always had xc bikes and gemomentry on trail type bikes are difftent so its worth checking.

Sadly i can not test ride a newer five, my last local bike shop has went caput and they were the only shop that stock tester fives within 50 miles of me which is long if you dont drive.

The five I test road was a 2012 model 26 and now i want a 2014 or 2015 27.5

Last question I have. How come the 2014.and older fives are 18" medium but on the orange site the newer bikes are 17" medium? This confuses me , can anybody shed some light on this.

Also does anybody know what year the 27.5 five came out. Cheers.
hamster

Re: Orange Five Advice and Help.

Post by hamster »

You are probably best off contacting Orange directly on this. I would worry most about top tube length between the medium sizes, as that's much more significant on fit. Check Orange's frame dimensions diagrams.