Decathlon MTB range

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
Martinfry

Decathlon MTB range

Post by Martinfry »

Hello

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with purchasing MTB from Decathlon? I have one of their road bikes and it is fairly decent got the price, just eondering If their MTB are of similar quality and worth getting ?
gaz

Re: Decathlon MTB range

Post by gaz »

Broadly Decathlon bikes are viewed as good value for money, whether it's the right/best choice of bike for your intended purpose would be a different question.

Previous discussions of Decathlon Rockrider. Lots to look at, some may prove more relevant than others.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

As always, depends on how much you spend. If you buy a 200 bike, it will be a 200 bike. For the quality of the bike, the price is about 20-30% cheaper than brand name bikes. The only negative I will say, is that their in-store mechanics are none too good.
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
esuhl

Post by esuhl »

I bought a £500 Rockrider 8.1 a few years back, and I'm still really happy with it.

The only "unbranded" thing on it is the frame, which is perfectly fine. Oh... and the handlebar grips, lights/reflectors, and saddle which you might as well throw away!

Bikes with the same/equivalent components were at least £150 more expensive at the time.

I'm not sure how good their cheaper bikes are, though. They didn't look that impressive.