Tyre question -SORRY

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
3spd

Tyre question -SORRY

Post by 3spd »

Could you recommend me a pair of tyres for year round use on my hardtail, please? Previous tyres were front WTB Trail Boss 2.25 650b and rear WTB Beer Line 2.2 650b.
My worse day on my bike is better than my best day at work!
fossala

Re: Tyre question -SORRY

Post by fossala »

What sort of riding and surface will you be using them for?
hamster

Post by hamster »

Schwalbe Rocket Rons work well in most conditions. I don't recall flints when I lived in Loughborough which can be thier undoing.
fossala

Post by fossala »

If you are doing on-road riding compass tyres are the nicest I have used and come in 650b sizes.
3spd

Post by 3spd »

Any road riding will be just to connect off road sections.
Riding is roughly split 60% off road, most often Peak District, and 40% trail centres.
My worse day on my bike is better than my best day at work!
sbcoombs

Post by sbcoombs »

I use Racing Ralph's as a great fast rolling tyre. For trail centres, Nobby Nicks probably a better option.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

I run Hutchinson Toro's back and front on one of my hardtails, and on my second hardtail a Schwalbe Racing Ralph on the front, with a Schwalbe Rocket Ron on the rear. I quite like the loose feel that the Racing Ralph on the front gives. The Rocket Ron struggles for traction during the wet winter months, but I stick with the set up, as I also enjoy the low rolling resistance that they offer.

Toro's are superb, but they seem to develop a habit of becoming porous on the sidewall if run for any length of time as a tubeless set up. I have had two sets in row become porous, which is obviously not an ideal thing to have happen.