What shorts?

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
ratherbeintobago

What shorts?

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Elderly Endura Singletracks are finally giving up the ghost.

I gather the new ones aren’t as good.

Can I have some recommendations for shorts? Knee length, preferably in black?

Ta!

Andy
Gattonero

Re: What shorts?

Post by Gattonero »

I have those shorts and cannot fault them. Why would the new ones not last as long?
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
FREDO

Post by FREDO »

I use the current Endura singletrack shorts with the clickfast liner and I am really pleased with them regarding comfort, length, pockets and leg ventilation, but I think the clue to the material thickness and endurance is in what they are called,"Singletrack " used for that type of riding they are a great short, used for rides on downhill trails and other technical trails you should be looking at other more durable material shorts.
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Gattonero wrote:I have those shorts and cannot fault them. Why would the new ones not last as long?

Not sure, but by reputation they aren’t. For what it’s worth the ones that are going are about 8 years old, mainly being used for XC/trail riding rather than anything more intense but this is in all weathers and Pennine mud.
Yvonned

Post by Yvonned »

Hi,

My hubby has been renewing his cycling clothes and came upon Madison. They look tailored, are shower proof and he says they are very comfy, so comfy he’s bought a second pair.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

I have a couple of pairs of Troy Lee skyline shorts I quite like they are not as garish as some MTB shorts. Have a Velcro Fly and adjustable waiste band. I never use the padded inserts but they look like reasonable quality. They are £80 pound a pair but I have managed to buy both pairs for around £40 by bying in the sales
NUKe

Post by carlislemike »

Endura Humvee no question. On my third pair.