King Alfred's Way ( 2020 Jan -> Ongoing )

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
savo67
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Jan 2020, 11:09pm

King Alfred's Way ( 2020 Jan -> Ongoing )

Postby savo67 » 20 Jan 2020, 11:20pm

Good Evening
Does anyone know if there is a route available for the King Alfred's Way at all please?

Cheers
Mark

savo67
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Jan 2020, 11:09pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby savo67 » 21 Jan 2020, 9:06am

I Found it :-)

User avatar
RickH
Posts: 5185
Joined: 5 Mar 2012, 6:39pm
Location: Horwich, Lancs.

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby RickH » 21 Jan 2020, 4:59pm

savo67 wrote:I Found it :-)

You've done better than me then! :?

Zulu Eleven
Posts: 64
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 9:25pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby Zulu Eleven » 23 Jan 2020, 9:01pm

savo67 wrote:I Found it :-)


If it’s where I think you found it *be aware* this is a draft route for consultation and the formal route *will* vary from this (I have a number of alterations already and I *guarantee* that nobody outside my laptop has the formal route yet...) ;)

User avatar
RickH
Posts: 5185
Joined: 5 Mar 2012, 6:39pm
Location: Horwich, Lancs.

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby RickH » 23 Jan 2020, 9:14pm

Zulu Eleven wrote:... I *guarantee* that nobody outside my laptop has the formal route yet...) ;)

Unless, of course, there are any keen off road cyclists in the CIA, MI6 or similar organisations! :lol:

Mike Sales
Posts: 5225
Joined: 7 Mar 2009, 3:31pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby Mike Sales » 23 Jan 2020, 9:18pm

RickH wrote:
Zulu Eleven wrote:... I *guarantee* that nobody outside my laptop has the formal route yet...) ;)

Unless, of course, there are any keen off road cyclists in the CIA, MI6 or similar organisations! :lol:


Don't open any e-mails from Mohammed bin Salman.

sbcoombs
Posts: 171
Joined: 24 Dec 2015, 8:21pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby sbcoombs » 19 Jun 2020, 9:27pm

savo67 wrote:I Found it :-)


A secret is no fun if you don’t share it
m :wink:

Zulu Eleven
Posts: 64
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 9:25pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby Zulu Eleven » 6 Aug 2020, 10:13pm

Heads up that the guide for King Alfred’s Way is now available for preorder:

https://shop.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way-route-guide

M_Vos
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Aug 2020, 6:18pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby M_Vos » 11 Aug 2020, 6:21pm

I have pre-ordered the route guide but its not clear if the GPX file will be included with that or its going to be published on the same day?
I emailed to ask if there was a release date planned as I want to ride it over a long weekend at the end of August and I need to take the time off work. Anyone dug up any intel that might help me out?
Thanks

mercalia
Posts: 14188
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

King Alfred's Way

Postby mercalia » 13 Aug 2020, 12:57pm

I got an email end of July about this new off road track. looks really nice from the pictures?

Not sure if the Autumn date is this year or last?

https://www.cyclinguk.org/kingalfredsway

Zulu Eleven
Posts: 64
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 9:25pm

Re: King Alfred's Way opens soon ( I think )

Postby Zulu Eleven » 14 Aug 2020, 12:27am

Yes, it launches later this month.

This has been the culmination of several years work, and I can assure you - it’s going to be a cracker.

The guidebook is with the printers at the moment (I was reading the final proof of it just earlier :D )

Order a copy here https://shop.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way-route-guide

Zulu Eleven
Posts: 64
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 9:25pm

Re: King Alfred's Way GPX

Postby Zulu Eleven » 14 Aug 2020, 12:32am

M_Vos wrote:I have pre-ordered the route guide but its not clear if the GPX file will be included with that or its going to be published on the same day?
I emailed to ask if there was a release date planned as I want to ride it over a long weekend at the end of August and I need to take the time off work. Anyone dug up any intel that might help me out?
Thanks


Guide will launch with the GPX near the end of the month... but without giving anything away, If you want to get the *best* out of this you will want the paper guide.

mercalia
Posts: 14188
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 10:03pm
Location: london South

Re: King Alfred's Way opens soon ( I think )

Postby mercalia » 16 Aug 2020, 2:58pm

Zulu Eleven wrote:Yes, it launches later this month.

This has been the culmination of several years work, and I can assure you - it’s going to be a cracker.

The guidebook is with the printers at the moment (I was reading the final proof of it just earlier :D )

Order a copy here https://shop.cyclinguk.org/king-alfreds-way-route-guide


any idea when the book will be out?

Zulu Eleven
Posts: 64
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 9:25pm

Re: King Alfred's Way opens soon ( I think )

Postby Zulu Eleven » 16 Aug 2020, 3:24pm

mercalia wrote:
any idea when the book will be out?


End of this month, I strongly recommend preordering now.

mumbojumbo
Posts: 564
Joined: 1 Aug 2018, 8:18pm

Re: King Alfred's Way opens soon ( I think )

Postby mumbojumbo » 16 Aug 2020, 9:07pm

Does this go anywhere near Winchester,as he lived there for spell before moving to Glastonbury?