buying new bicycle

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
DaveSK

buying new bicycle

Post by DaveSK »

Hi everyone!!

I was thinking about buying new bicycle however I’m not sure which brand would be the best for me.
I found few in which I am interested: :D
TREK MARLIN 7
GIANT TALON3 / ATX1
Marin Bolinas Ridge 2 27.5"
Rockhopper Comp 27.5 2x
ROCKRIDER ST 540 S FULL SUSPENSION
Carrera Titan Full Suspension

Could you advise me on choosing the right one?? :roll: Most of the time I will ride in the city and parks, no heavy off road. Up to £600.

Thanks!!
al_yrpal

Re: buying new bicycle

Post by al_yrpal »

If you are riding in a city and parks why on earth are you choosing mountain bikes and particularly MTBs with speed sapping suspension and slow nobbly tyres?. You ought to be looking at hybrids. Something like this. https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/hy ... gLmiPD_BwE Its delivered with mudguards and a rack but no lights.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

al_yrpal wrote:If you are riding in a city and parks why on earth are you choosing mountain bikes and particularly MTBs with speed sapping suspension and slow nobbly tyres?. You ought to be looking at hybrids. Something like this. https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/hy ... gLmiPD_BwE Its delivered with mudguards and a rack but no lights.

Al

Because the gentleman might have limited knowledge and has come on here for advice. That's perhaps why.

OP, our learned colleague may have put it in somewhat direct tones, but in essence he's right to ask the question. Hybrid bikes (without any suspension) will do that for you, and be a much easier ride than mtbs.
DaveSK

Post by DaveSK »

Bonefishblues wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:If you are riding in a city and parks why on earth are you choosing mountain bikes and particularly MTBs with speed sapping suspension and slow nobbly tyres?. You ought to be looking at hybrids. Something like this. https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/hy ... gLmiPD_BwE Its delivered with mudguards and a rack but no lights.

Al

Because the gentleman might have limited knowledge and has come on here for advice. That's perhaps why.

OP, our learned colleague may have put it in somewhat direct tones, but in essence he's right to ask the question. Hybrid bikes (without any suspension) will do that for you, and be a much easier ride than mtbs.

As I said, most of the time I will be in the city and parks etc different terrains. My last bicycle was giant hard tail mtb 29er and it was perfect all I needed: city, parks and sometimes forests.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

DaveSK wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:

Al

As I said, most of the time I will be in the city and parks etc different terrains. My last bicycle was giant hard tail mtb 29er and it was perfect all I needed: city, parks and sometimes forests.

If you're clear about what you want, try them out and see which feels best. They are all good brands.