Panaracer Fire XC Pros

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
bungle73

Panaracer Fire XC Pros

Post by bungle73 »

Just bought a pair of these on eBay to replace the ancient tyres on my bike that needed replacing. The logo on them is significantly different from that shown on the Pananaracer website (and those from other sellers). Does anyone know what the difference is? Is is just an older logo, but the tyres themselves are the same: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Panaracer- ... 2749.l2649
bungle73

Re: Panaracer Fire XC Pros

Post by bungle73 »

The colours in seller's photo are waaay off btw. It's way more colourful and bright irl.
hamster

Post by hamster »

There are at least three different incarnations of the logo - it's a tyre that's been around for 15 years. The good news is that yours isn't the oldest, but looks like what they used around 5 years ago. They are one of my favourite tyres.
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

hamster wrote:There are at least three different incarnations of the logo - it's a tyre that's been around for 15 years. The good news is that yours isn't the oldest, but looks like what they used around 5 years ago. They are one of my favourite tyres.

But the construction of the tyre has not changed in any way that would affect me, right?

Having 26" wheels there's not much choice these days, and I came to these having done a bit of research into what was available (although it does seem that this model is not being sold anymore, hence having to resort to eBay).
hamster

Post by hamster »

They did various different versions too, but the foldng types are going to be the nicer ones. There was a cheaper one with a steel bead with (IIRC) a lesser carcass.