Mtb clothing

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
Rock bus

Mtb clothing

Post by Rock bus »

Having had A few goes on the trails over at Cannock me and my son are keen to do a lot more mountain biking.
We both have Triban bikes which will do us until we get more seriously into it.
but I’d like to kit us out with some appropriate clothing and maybe protection gear.
I know it doesn’t really matter what we look like and we just get out there but think it will actually help our confidence and make us commit to doing it if we can at least start to ‘look the part’

Having looked online it all seems really expensive can anyone point me in the direction of any decent value places to buy clothing?
peetee

Re: Mtb clothing

Post by peetee »

I have bought road and MTB clothing from lightinthebox.com and I am very happy with the price and quality.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

You don't necessarily need cycling specific clothes. Normal cycling shorts or underwear can be worn under outdoorwear designed for walking or golf. Just check that tops and jackets are long enough to voer your lower back on the bike, and shorts or trousers have a hig enough waist to meet them.

Also some of the places that often have bargains on general outdoor clothes also sometimes have cycling stuff. So, it's often worth checking places like TK Maxx, Moutain Warehouse, etc. for bargains.

Aldi & Lidl have reasonable cyclign stuff, although it isn't MTB specific. I've never seen MTB baggies in there, for example, but I like their cycling shorts.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
peetee

Post by peetee »

Vorpal makes some good points but whether you need specific MTB clothing can depend on the type of riding you do. I have bought a loose long-sleeved MTB top because many of the trails in my vicinity are overgrown with bramble, nettle and itch-inducing vegetation. The top is breathable and loose fit so cool in most temperatures and has abrasion-resistant panels on the outer side of the arms.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Same place as your bikes came from=.....Decathlon.