Helly Hansen Challenge

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
brownm4

Helly Hansen Challenge

Post by brownm4 »

Hi

I'm doing the HH Challenge in Pirbright on 1 Feb with some guys from work. Anyone done one of these before and if so, what are they like? We're definitely in the 'if we get round, we'll be happy' mindset but hopefully if it stays dry and not too cold, it should be fun. I think most of it takes place within the Army grounds but does anyone know the course/terrain etc?
brownm4

HH Challenge (completed)

Post by brownm4 »

Just to say if anyone's interested, this event was great. The mountain biking was fantastic, running bearable and we even avoided the snow. Definitely doing some more in the Autumn. If you're tempted see http://www.trailplus.com
lisap

Post by lisap »

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was one of the marshalls. The participants were great, I got called marshall, judge, thanked on numerous occassions for standing in the freezing cold for 6 hours and invited to a post race B-B-Q with beer.

One of the nicest days out I have had for a long time (without bike that is)
brownm4

Post by brownm4 »

lisap wrote:Glad you enjoyed it.

I was one of the marshalls. The participants were great, I got called marshall, judge, thanked on numerous occassions for standing in the freezing cold for 6 hours and invited to a post race B-B-Q with beer.

One of the nicest days out I have had for a long time (without bike that is)

I thought you guys did a sterling job and really felt for you having to stand about in that cold! At least the competitors could keep moving!