Swinley Forest Berkshire

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
winder

Swinley Forest Berkshire

Postby winder » 6 Jan 2013, 1:27pm

Hi there,
I have been using this site mainly to gather info on an up and coming JOGLE later in year. I'm brand spanking new to cycle touring but have been mountain biking for a good few years and its still my favourite past time.
Anyway, i live about a 10 minute cycle from Swinley Forest and i'm always up for a day on the trails if anyone lives near there or if you are going there for the first time i could show you a few trails that i know as the place is a complete maze. I still end up going on the wrong path from time to time.

Cheers

Mark

al_yrpal

Re: Swinley Forest Berkshire

Postby al_yrpal » 6 Jan 2013, 2:42pm

Hello Mark,
I Mtb in the forests and open ground of the Chilterns north of Reading and Henley. There are many hundreds of bridleways there, many with testing slopes and hills and all completely natural. You can get to know them with Reading CTC who have a couple of Mtb rides every Sunday and one on a Wednesday evening. http://www.readingctc.co.uk/rides/ Compared to Swinley they are much tougher and would get you to peak fitness in no time for your venture.

All the best

Al
Touring on a bicycle is a great way to explore and appreciate the countryside and towns you pass through. CTC gone but not forgotten!