Fat Bikes

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
flash

Re: Fat Bikes

Post by flash »

I'm just out for a quick spin to the sea side on mine. Trail / tow path, road, country lanes, the hill of doom, cafe, then back via a dedicated cycle track. What's not to like, I've 8 (?) other bikes, but some days the Pugsley is the one......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

flash wrote:I'm just out for a quick spin to the sea side on mine. Trail / tow path, road, country lanes, the hill of doom, cafe, then back via a dedicated cycle track. What's not to like, I've 8 (?) other bikes, but some days the Pugsley is the one......

Enjoy it! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I thought they looked funny the first time I saw one.

One of my colleagues bought one a couple of years ago. He's got bikes to make a person drool (road & MTB). He's been fairly serious about his mountain biking. I haven't seen him ride anything but the fat bike in a year.

He says he likes it. 8)
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
flash

Post by flash »

A very nice spin....dusty but happy

Plus they are very versitle, here's me on the other Pugsley "racing" in Slovenia at SSEC

Last edited by flash on 7 Jun 2016, 7:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
flash

Post by flash »

And best 2 comments today: "Blimey are you riding into a volcano" (slightly odd) and "couldn't you find any bigger tyres"....
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

flash wrote:A very nice spin....dusty but happy

Hey you, get some weeding done instead of playing around on that balloon bike of yours! :? :wink:
W H Auden
flash

Post by flash »

I can't strim, there's a plant my other half has been trying to grow in the garden for years, where as that one gets shut in the garage door every time I close it and seems to be doing well....that's my excuse
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

flash wrote:I can't strim, there's a plant my other half has been trying to grow in the garden for years, where as that one gets shut in the garage door every time I close it and seems to be doing well....that's my excuse

Excuse accepted,keep calm and carry on Fat biking :mrgreen:
W H Auden
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

My tuppence on Fatties is simple - every single person I know who has one, raves about it and rides practically nothing else! Forget sand and snow, they're (apparently) brilliant fun everywhere. Also they're fantastic in sand and snow.

I'm scared that getting one would stop me riding all my other bikes, the cx-type thing is already doing that somewhat!

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly using hovercraft full of eels.
fixedfixer

Post by fixedfixer »

I've a Charge Cooker Maxi fat bike I'm selling. Bought it approx two years ago and hardly use it - probably covered 250 miles if that. Got it advertised on CycleChat but could post some details here if people interested. Looking for £400 which is half what I paid for it.
flash

Post by flash »

What size? And whereabouts are you??? Not for me, but I can ask about....
fixedfixer

Post by fixedfixer »

Medium, I'm up in Aberdeenshire. Happy to take photos and investigate postage. Recently sent an Airnimal Rhino to Germany. Don't mind doing a packing job.
Attachments
Reduced size.jpg
Reduced size.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 5511 times
Last edited by fixedfixer on 8 Feb 2017, 9:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Dinosaurs are everywhere, we should all be riding fatbikes in case :wink: Surely the best advice is to hire or borrow one before buying

The laws of physics: anyone care to comment on the flywheel effect with heavy wheels?

Diolch
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
fixedfixer

Post by fixedfixer »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Dinosaurs are everywhere,

Diolch

We ate all the Dinosaurs in Scotland, have you still got a few in Wales we could make into tasty Haggis?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

fixedfixer wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Dinosaurs are everywhere,

Diolch

We ate all the Dinosaurs in Scotland, have you still got a few in Wales we could make into tasty Haggis?

There are dino-snacks for the children in the food stores. In Wales of course there are dragons and the unspeakable Afanc, a huge monster that lives in Llyn Tryweryn [not Llyn Celyn!] below Bryniau Poethion (OS GR SH 78 38). Another Afanc lives in Llyn Barfog near Aberdyfi. Two oxen dragged it out of the water to stop it splashing about and flooding the fields. Another version I heard long ago: no-one has seen an Afanc and lived to tell the tale. Just going out for a walk through my leafy suburb now. I may be some time..

BTW you have Burns Night on 25.1. In Wales that is the day of Saint Dwynwen, patron saint of love. Thanks for inventing porridge
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies