Looking for someone to ride out with - Aberdeenshire

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
alstreader

Looking for someone to ride out with - Aberdeenshire

Postby alstreader » 7 Oct 2019, 1:11pm

Hi Everyone. I have just taken up cycling to get fit and to get my type 2 diabetes under control. Which i have. I usually go out by myself but now i am looking for other people to cycle with and cycle an E-bike. I am in the Abercherder and Huntly area of Aberdeenshie.

yostumpy

Re: Looking for someone to ride out with

Postby yostumpy » 7 Oct 2019, 2:34pm

if you're cycling an E-bike to get fit, then you're missing the point. :wink: (or maybe I misunderstood?)

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 7 Oct 2019, 2:54pm

yostumpy wrote:if you're cycling an E-bike to get fit, then you're missing the point. :wink: (or maybe I misunderstood?)

As with other types of bikes, it depends more upon how much you ride it & the effort you put in than the type of bike. Aberdeenshire is hilly enough to provide sufficient exercise with any type of pedal cycle, even an e-bike.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

yostumpy

Postby yostumpy » 7 Oct 2019, 3:10pm

Vorpal wrote:
yostumpy wrote:if you're cycling an E-bike to get fit, then you're missing the point. :wink: (or maybe I misunderstood?)

As with other types of bikes, it depends more upon how much you ride it & the effort you put in than the type of bike. Aberdeenshire is hilly enough to provide sufficient exercise with any type of pedal cycle, even an e-bike.

True, people with a loong cycling history take up e-bikes as they find they can no longer manage, but to start off on an e-bike, IS missing the point.

roubaixtuesday

Postby roubaixtuesday » 7 Oct 2019, 3:14pm

yostumpy wrote:
Vorpal wrote:

True, people with a loong cycling history take up e-bikes as they find they can no longer manage, but to start off on an e-bike, IS missing the point.

Perhaps if you feel this way, perhaps start up a thread in the ebikes section? The OP is after companionship rather than critique here, methinks.

alstreader, good luck with your search for companions and control of your diabetes, and respect for setting out at the start of winter in Aberdeenshire!

Carlton green

Postby Carlton green » 7 Oct 2019, 3:18pm

alstreader wrote:Hi Everyone. I have just taken up cycling to get fit and to get my type 2 diabetes under control. Which i have. I usually go out by myself but now i am looking for other people to cycle with and cycle an E-bike. I am in the Abercherder and Huntly area of Aberdeenshie.

Try looking here and maybe approaching some of the groups more local to you : https://www.cyclinguk.org/groups-listing .
This might be our of date but it’s worth a follow-up: https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/huntly- ... ty-cycling

I suggest that you change your post tittle to include Aberdeenshire.

Good look with the electric bike. I notice that there is an article on the BBC website about how they are opening up life for many riders.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-48204409

alstreader

Postby alstreader » 8 Oct 2019, 11:28am

I have a bad knee and i am getting fit using an E-bike as i still have to pedal.
:) :) :)