Bike Jumble - Tewin, Hertfordshire

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
Apple Tree

Bike Jumble - Tewin, Hertfordshire

Postby Apple Tree » 30 Sep 2017, 4:38pm

Saturday 18th November 2017

Veteran-Cycle Club
The 6th North London Section GRAND CYCLE JUMBLE

Tewin Memorial Hall, 11 Lower Green, Tewin, Hertfordshire. AL6 0JX

Time : Buyers : opens at 9.30am and closes 12.30pm
Stall and pitch Holders: available from 8.15am and everybody out by 1pm please.

Prices : Admission £1 for Buyers.(Before 9.30am £3).
Stalls and selling pitches : inside or outside £7. Only CLEAN jumble inside where a single table will be provided. Outside pitches in car park and provide your own table.

Parking : Free. Some parking available at adjacent bowls club. If parking in village be considerate please as we wish to come back next year.

Refreshments and indoor seating area available.

Tewin is a small village to the west of Hertford. It has pleasant lanes surrounding so make a cycling day of it. There are two pubs to retire to when the buying and selling becomes too much.
Near Welwyn Garden City. Just minutes from J6 A1(M)
Railway Stations : Hertford (3 miles) : Hertford North – Kings Cross/Stevenage line, Hertford East – Liverpool Street line. Welwyn North : (3.5 miles) - Kings Cross - Cambridge/Peterborough Line.

All bookings to : Steve Griffiths, 26, Claigmar Gardens, London N3 2HR. Tel : 020 8346 5215 or mobile 07740923630.E-mail: griffith531@hotmail.com

Apple Tree

Re: Bike Jumble - Tewin, Hertfordshire

Postby Apple Tree » 30 Sep 2017, 4:39pm

ANY QUESTIONS ? Post them here and Apple Tree will try and answer them. Many thanks and see you there.

Apple Tree

Postby Apple Tree » 12 Nov 2017, 4:12pm

Just a reminder. It is next Saturday.

drossall

Postby drossall » 12 Nov 2017, 7:27pm

Noted. I think I mentioned this last year, but this is the event to which my son-in-law and I set out to ride several years ago. Part way there, in Stevenage, his forks broke, landing him in the road. We loaded our bikes onto the train, went home, and went to the sale by car instead, where we bought a replacement frame - quite a nice Claud Butler Majestic (actually as complete bike).

This year, he's had Mercian respray it, and it is looking rather splendid. Maybe we should make a return visit! (Although without the accident, preferably.)

Apple Tree

Postby Apple Tree » 17 Nov 2017, 10:44pm

We look forward to seeing the re-sprayed Claude Butler. Originally gold as I remember.

drossall

Postby drossall » 18 Nov 2017, 9:36pm

Sorry we didn't make it. Other things called.

Yes, gold was one of the standard colours for the Majestic of course (or you could have light blue). It's now a rather fetching red, and looks fantastic. Maybe we'll be able to make next year's event :D