A new quiz, Rally clothing on sale and much more in our February update!
It’s time for another York Rally update! We’ve plenty of developments to report.
Before we get to that, though, a quick request. We all need to keep pushing awareness of the Rally to keep it flourishing! Word of mouth is the most powerful method there is – so if you know or bump into like-minded people who might want to join us at the Rally weekend, especially camping, do please give us a mention and pass on the website or phone number! You can also download print-it-yourself cards or flyers here
. Thanks in advance!The new Quiz on Friday evening
I covered this in the previous posting here so enough said - except that table bookings are already coming in! Book yours now Rally clothing – on sale now!
To clear some space for new stock we are having a sale of Rally-branded clothing – with selected items reduced to just over cost price!
- T-shirt with printed logo: was £11 SALE: now £9.50
- Polo shirt with embroidered logo: was £14 SALE: now £11.50
- Hoodie with embroidered logo: was £23 SALE: now £16.50
- Sweatshirt with embroidered logo: was £17 SALE: now £12.50
Please just head over to the merchandise page
for secure online ordering, or contact us for postal ordering.
News from our trade show exhibitors
Many thanks to the traders already booked in for the York Rally Trade Show
– we’re delighted to support them by passing on these notices. Please do support them if you can, and if one of your favourite suppliers doesn’t yet exhibit at the Rally, please do suggest it to them and point them to these details for potential exhibitors
Yourspokes and Poetry in Motion Cycles:
New for the 2019 Rally will be a live spoke-cutting service! Dylan Thomas of Yorkspokes
(part of Poetry in Motion Cycles
) will be there with a comprehensive stock of spoke blanks and can produce spokes to just about any length on the spot. Perfect for those tricky wheel-builds, or to gather some spares. He’s also there to discuss your wheelbuilding and custom bike building and restoration needs!
Inspired Cycle Engineering:
Chris Parker of Inspired Cycle Engineering
I am one of the founding directors of Inspired Cycle Engineering Ltd, affectionately known as ICE Trikes. The York Cycle Rally is one of the key dates in my calendar both professionally and privately and has been since 1996. The Rally is a great place to catch up with friends, old and new, and trade associates to talk about everything from tread patterns, paint jobs to gear inches and speciality real ales. I always look forward to the event and as a company director the value of the York Cycle Rally is great for the recumbent industry in the UK. I am genuinely overjoyed to be able to support the 2019 event which coincidentally is also ICE Trikes’ 20th year of building trikes and we’re having a party at the Rally to celebrate! I sincerely look forward to seeing and chatting to as many visitors as my team and I can and allowing those of you who want to, test ride one of our amazing trikes on our test track kindly set up by the organisers. See you at the Rally! Chris
Golden Age Cycles
Welcome to new exhibitors Golden Age Cycles
! Brian Reid writes:
In other Rally news
Golden Age Cycles of Bicester was established to cater for the growing interest in cycling heritage, specialising in British racing cycles from the 1950s to the 1990s. These were handmade by craftsmen proud to show their name, including Hetchins, Mercian, Bates and many others. Our skilled team source and restore the highest quality machines for discerning new owners, as well as being highly experienced in servicing and restoring customers’ period cycles. We are always interested in purchasing high quality cycles, selling on commission and providing insurance valuations. Find us at Building 137, Bicester Heritage, Buckingham Road, Bicester OX26 5HA, Tel. 07952 062201, where we are open by appointment.
- We’re honoured that the Tricycle Association have chosen to mark their 90th anniversary with a celebration at the Rally! Current plans include a special display on the campsite’s ‘Barrow Lane’, ‘try a trike’ opportunities, vintage trikes on display and of course trike-focused rides. New members to this historic Association are always welcome!
- We’ve been revamping the website again and the new front page is largely completed. Do please take a look!
- A reminder to campers that for 2019, we are looking to streamline the check-in process, especially for pre-booked campers, to prevent the queues which developed in 2018. So in 2019, campers who book in advance (earlybird prices still available!) will be able to check in and have pitches allocated from 3PM, so that when the site opens at 4PM you can go straight on. We cannot allow vehicles on site before 4PM: the volunteer set-up team needs the time to fully prepare the site and make it safe.
- Campers arriving on the Friday should note that there will be food and real ale available on Friday evening from our caterers on site – and do please support the on-site vendors, as a percentage of the takings goes to help support the Rally.
- Entry forms for the British Schools Cycling Association racing on the Saturday of the Rally are now available to download. Please do pass the word and get the entries in!
- Please remember to bring any bikes, cycling kit, parts, accessories which you could donate for us to sell to raise Rally funds, as described on the Saddlebag Sale page. Note that online Saddlebag Sale bookings are still open but tables are booking up fast.
- A table selling items to raise funds for the Rally has also been kindly donated by the organisers of the Cottingham Cycle Jumble, East Yorkshire, on the 17th March. Please do attend if you can and support this event!
Could you help us choose a design for the next York Rally badge? We’ve set up a poll on our Facebook page
where you can vote for your favourite design, or feel free to email us instead. We’d also love to hear from any graphic designers who might be able to volunteer their help. Meanwhile, 2018 and 2017 badges are on sale now
. And finally
All are very welcome at our next York Rally planning meeting which is to be held from 10AM on the 23rd March 2019 at St Chad’s on the Knavesmire Church Hall, Campleshon Road, York. Please just let us know if you would like a lift from the railway station.
Thanks again for your support of the York Rally – we’re already looking forward to seeing many of you in June!
With best regards,
The York Rally team