Event: Stevenage Start of Summertime Special

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
The utility cyclist

Event: Stevenage Start of Summertime Special

Postby The utility cyclist » 22 Feb 2019, 10:35pm

Ever popular with 30 mile, 60 mile and 100 mile rides this year.
http://www.stevenagectc.org.uk/summertime.php

robgul

Re: Event: Stevenage Start of Summertime Special

Postby robgul » 23 Feb 2019, 7:33am

This event (and the End of Summertime) used to be AudaxUK events - is that not the case now? I rode both for about 3 years on the trot about 6 years ago.

Rob

The utility cyclist

Postby The utility cyclist » 23 Feb 2019, 11:10am

robgul wrote:This event (and the End of Summertime) used to be AudaxUK events - is that not the case now? I rode both for about 3 years on the trot about 6 years ago.

Rob

Well it's not listed on the Audax UK events pages so I've no idea if it being under the CUK 'challenge rides' whether that has changed matters.
I haven't done one in a while and considering the 100 though more likely the 60 given how my health has been and how much actual riding I've done in the last 18 months!

drossall

Postby drossall » 23 Feb 2019, 6:44pm

They stopped doing them as Audax events a few years ago. I'm not sure of the whys and wherefores. Means a different entry system, but on the day it's much the same.

I notice there's no longer a 210km event, and the long-established routes have changed. Should be good though. I'm hoping I can make it, though Sundays aren't great for me.

fatboy

Postby fatboy » 10 Mar 2019, 3:55pm

The utility cyclist wrote:
robgul wrote:This event (and the End of Summertime) used to be AudaxUK events - is that not the case now? I rode both for about 3 years on the trot about 6 years ago.

Rob

Well it's not listed on the Audax UK events pages so I've no idea if it being under the CUK 'challenge rides' whether that has changed matters.
I haven't done one in a while and considering the 100 though more likely the 60 given how my health has been and how much actual riding I've done in the last 18 months!

I know that to do both Audax and CUK challenge rides required two sets of results to be produced which must have been a pain. The first non-audax one came about due to an administrative error brought about by some external circumstances (I gather AUK wasn't too helpful). I can't remember if any since then have been AUK.
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly