Prudential Ride 100 London - what to expect ?? Advice ?

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
sparrow82

Prudential Ride 100 London - what to expect ?? Advice ?

Postby sparrow82 » 12 Apr 2019, 6:48am

Hi all,

I’ve just joined the forum so firstly I’d like to say hello :D
I need some advice about the about event. I’m a marathon runner by trade but after a knee dislocation last year, I had to give it up and my physio suggested cycling. And since then I’ve been hooked!

I’ve been offered a charity place for the hospice that are caring for my dad and I wondered if anyone had done this event before? My questions are mainly around where to stay and the logistics. As it’s only a few months away now, I imagine much of the nearer accommodation is now full and I’m worried about not being able to take part because of logistics (I live up north so not anywhere near London).

Any advice would be gratefully received, many thanks!
Last edited by Graham on 12 Apr 2019, 8:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title

mjr

Re: Prudential Ride 100 London

Postby mjr » 12 Apr 2019, 8:14am

Any hotel on or near CS2 is fine and a straightforward ride to the start. Most hotels near CS3, 6 or 7 are also fairly easy (ride 6 or 7 to their junctions with 3, ride east along 3 until a B road north that connects to 2) but of course further. Routes to the start are signposted with big yellow arrows from several points in central London too- but info on that might not be shown until the rider info pack.

Hotels near the start may be full but if you stay nearer central London, you'd be nearer your arrival station if travelling by train and the finish if you're staying over after.

Easiest is to book into a bike-friendly chain hotel like travelodge or premier in (not hub by premier though) but many will let you take bikes in but you have to check each one.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.