Touring Companion - May 2020

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
teamonster

Touring Companion - May 2020

Postby teamonster » 28 Oct 2019, 3:51pm

I've failed dismally to go touring this year, so thinking of blocking out 2-3 weeks next May for a cycling/camping trip in Mainland Europe . Flexible as to where, happy to take train but not plane to start etc. I'm 58, and prefer social cycling 50-60 miles per day or less if there's a lot to see. Would prefer not to do alone, so if any London/SE tourers fancy a break get in touch. Whilst you can never tell how well you'll get on during a tour, I'd Ideally like to do a few day rides together beforehand, just to make sure we'd at least be able to get on for the first few days !

teamonster

Re: Touring Companion - May 2020

Postby teamonster » 12 Jan 2020, 10:53am

Bumping this back up the thread, just in case over indulgence over Christmas has encouraged anyone to think about touring in May ! Still contemplating Europe (most likely France or Netherlands/Belgium), but maybe closer to home and stay in UK

bigjim

Postby bigjim » 13 Jan 2020, 4:23pm

I've asked for touring companions on here in the past. never had any luck. I have been successful on the "Crazyguyonabike" website. I've done three tours with companions from there. One I met, we have ended up touring regularly together for a number of years, Not so much now as I limit my tours to about 8 days and he, like yourself, looks at longer tours. Worth having a look at "crazyguy" though..

teamonster

Postby teamonster » 13 Jan 2020, 6:51pm

Thanks for the tip

ernest

Postby ernest » 9 Mar 2020, 2:43pm

As it was sometime ago that you posted this I expect you may have found a companion. If not I am planning to ride the Via del Plata (Spain) in reverse at the end of April / May. I plan to take a ferry from Plymouth to Santander (return) and get a bus back from Saville via Madrid. The trip will be for 17 days. You may be interested in joining me. Let me know if you are and if so we can discuss more details about the trip and ourselves.

John

teamonster

Postby teamonster » 10 Mar 2020, 5:36pm

I didn't find anyone on here, but at the moment my plans are on hold. I've still got a window of three weeks or so which is free of work, but not until after the early May bank holiday. Unfortunately, I'm now also waiting to hear back on a possible minor operation, so can't firm anything up. On top of that we have the lovely Covid virus to think about as well ! If I do anything now I suspect it will be a short notice in the UK, or maybe much later in the year, poss early Oct. Thanks for the response though and enjoy the trip, it sounds really interesting, would love to hear how it goes. Adrian