Je Suis Negative Git!!

Discussion of the re-branding of CTC as Cycling UK.
Velocio

Je Suis Negative Git!!

Post by Velocio »

...as the initial 'Negative Git!!' thread has now bean closed pending an internal enquiry ...I would just like to thank gaz for the Complaints Procedure http://www.cyclinguk.org/about-ctc/poli ... -procedure ...but would add that through all the waffle it contains ...no contacts / complaints form are given to make a complaint ...should I wish to go down that road
...ever cycle ...ever CTC
gaz

Re: Je Suis Negative Git!!

Post by gaz »

No need to use any particular form. So long as any letter or e-mail you send is clearly headed "Complaint" there can be no doubt about your intentions. I'd suggest sending it to Matt Mallinder.

The procedue is there to set out the principles behind how a complaint should be investigated and dealt with.

My experience of two complaints I raised in 2015 is that the complaint procedure is a bit like the National Cycle Network. It promises much but the route may be a little bumpier than advertised with some unexpected barriers to negotiate along the way.

I hope the matter being investigated on you behalf is dealt with promptly.
Last edited by gaz on 8 Apr 2016, 4:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Velocio

Post by Velocio »

...thanks gaz ...I will see what happens first ...and of course ...report it here ...the spiel in the complaints link seemed to suggest that once the complaint was under way it itself was protected by Data Protection ...so I may find myself gagged regarding any further comment...!
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

gaz wrote:No need to use any particular form. So long as any letter or e-mail you send is clearly headed "Complaint" there can be no doubt about your intentions. I'd suggest sending it to Matt Mallinder.

The procedue is there to set out the principles behind how a complaint should be investigated and dealt with.

My experience of two complaints I raised in 2015 is that the complaint procedure is a bit like the National Cycle Network. It promises much but the route may be a little bumpier than advertised with some unexpected barriers to negotiate along the way.

I hope the matter being investigated on you behalf is dealt with promptly.

Indeed, and when (as promised by "Cycling UK Publicity Team") "appropriate" action is taken, I hope it will be publicly announced what has happened. CUK must be seen to deal justly with such unacceptable and unprofessional behaviour.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Velocio wrote:...as the initial 'Negative Git!!' thread has now bean closed pending an internal enquiry ...I would just like to thank gaz for the Complaints Procedure http://www.cyclinguk.org/about-ctc/poli ... -procedure ...but would add that through all the waffle it contains ...no contacts / complaints form are given to make a complaint ...should I wish to go down that road

gaz wrote:..So long as any letter or e-mail you send is ...

I dare you to complain by e-mail. Could you stand the tension waiting for the insults to come back ?

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

That it happened (for any reason) just emphasises to me the quality of management in National Office.

Ian
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

Psamathe wrote:That it happened (for any reason) just emphasises to me the quality of management in National Office.

Ian

+1
Si

Post by Si »

Can we stay off speculating what happened please as we don't want another thread locked.

Meaning no disrespect to Velocio, but it would be wrong to hang, draw and quarter the chap that sent the email before all the facts have come to light.....after all if for some reason it does turn out to be some really stupid mistake (e.g. perhaps the chap mistakenly thought that Velocio was someone else who he has regular banter with) it would be wrong to hound him out of the job that keeps his kids fed. I'm not saying that this is the reason the email was sent but once in a while strange things do happen. And I'm not trying to say that he is innocent - just that we should allow them to have a go at a proper enquiry before taking it further.
Velocio

Post by Velocio »

...just got back from a bracing constitutional seaside ride with my wife ...and found I have received an apology

Subject: Action Update
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 16:10:59 +0000

Good afternoon

Further to your understandable disappointment in the email you received from my colleague earlier today, first of all please accept our sincere apologies.

I can assure you that our policy is that all feedback received from both members and non-members is greatly appreciated, taken very seriously and treated totally impartially. A full internal investigation is already under way in order to understand and clarify what has happened following which the appropriate action will be taken.

In the meantime, should you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Tim

Tim Boden
Membership Services Lead
Cycling UK
Direct Line: 01483 238331
Main Line: 01483 238300
Fax: 0844 736 8454
Email: tim.boden@cyclinguk.org
Web: www.cyclinguk.org

...Mrs Velocio suggests that the least they can offer me is Lifetime Membership ...gratis...?? :)
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

Latest Email: "We hope you like the fresh look of today’s CycleClips as part of our new branding as Cycling UK"

Well I did not, have unsubscribed and will not renew membership when it expires in June.
mullinsm

Post by mullinsm »

Erudin wrote:Latest Email: "We hope you like the fresh look of today’s CycleClips as part of our new branding as Cycling UK"

Well I did not, have unsubscribed and will not renew membership when it expires in June.

+1
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Just wondering what the outcome of this was ?

Ian
Velocio

Post by Velocio »

...I've heard nothing since Tim Boden's email last Friday ...as above ...I hope to at least get an explanation ...if not a direct apology from Oliver Foster ...who afterall is (was?) CTC's 'Senior Membership Officer' ...!!!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Velocio wrote:...I've heard nothing since Tim Boden's email last Friday ...as above ...I hope to at least get an explanation ...if not a direct apology from Oliver Foster ...who afterall is (was?) CTC's 'Senior Membership Officer' ...!!!

I am surprised by the delay.

Ian
gaz

Post by gaz »

Velocio wrote:...I've heard nothing since Tim Boden's email last Friday ...

The complaint procedure does not give specific timescales for the progress and resolution of a complaint.

Personally I would consider the initial e-mail from Tim Boden to be the formal acknowledgement in which case the next step is either full resolution or setting out the timescale for such resolution. If I had not received this within one week I would be chasing a response.

This is your complaint and if you are not happy with how it is progressing make sure you let Tim Boden know.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade