Tapatalk pop up

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
rjb

Re: ..how to stop Tapatalk appearing?

Post by rjb »

Is this a result of the rebranding !!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Plenty of info here from a previous experience - <threads merged>

Ah found the interesting bit here!

ballibeg wrote:
rjb wrote:I am not as tech savy as you lot but have a related issue. I sometimes access the forum on my ipod touch using wifi and the safari browser that comes with it. I keep getting an annoying message about tap-a-talk then asking me to purchase it? This comes up every time i change a page - it is very annoying - anyone know how to get rid of it. :?

Some have had success clicking 'ok' which takes you to the app store. You don't need to buy it just follow link once.

Hope works for you.

Dave
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Samuel D

Re: ..how to stop Tapatalk appearing?

Post by Samuel D »

Correct. It stops pestering you if you follow the prompts to see the app in the App Store (don’t get it unless you want it), then return to the forum.

Most annoying.
mattsccm

Re: Tapatalk pop up

Post by mattsccm »

And just what is JavaScript in the browser?
I like Smiley's, I just don't want a sodding great screen telling me to use tapatalk every time I switch to the cuk forum
mjr

Post by mjr »

mattsccm wrote:And just what is JavaScript in the browser?

It's a way for websites to make your browser run simple programs that do things like display a sodding great screen telling you to use tapatalk. There's usually something in the browser settings like "Enable Javascript" that can switch it off - on some browsers (Firefox for example), you can enable it for selected sites, but if you enable it for this forum at all, I think the tapatalk banner will kick in.

I often switch it off for most sites, partly to improve security and partly because people have a bad habit of using it to move things around while I'm trying to click on them, which is very annoying as I can't control the pointer precisely quickly because my hands shake.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Cheers. That might be useful if there was some way I could find browser settings. Nowt in setting tab.
rjb

Post by rjb »

mattsccm wrote:Cheers. That might be useful if there was some way I could find browser settings. Nowt in setting tab.

In my ipod its in settings, safari, then scroll down to JavaScript where you find the option to turn it off. I turned mine off but it stopped all sorts of other things like videos and links from web pages so i turned it back on.

I occasionally clear all cookies and after this i always get the tapatalk invite until i go to the app store from the link. :cry:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

I simply no longer use the site when away from a laptop, Tapatalk renders it unusable.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Just accept once but don't upload.
Ie. just close app store straight away again when it appears.
Site then behaves on an iphone just as on a laptop.
If you remove all cookies at any time then the procedure must be repeated.
Simple and works great.