ITV TdF (Competition) Music

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
DavidT

ITV TdF (Competition) Music

Post by DavidT »

Does anyone know if the background electronic music to the “Competition section” is available for download from its composer? Having grown up listening to Kraftwerk and many others of a similar genre, it rather appeals. I’m sure I’ve heard extended versions of it on broadcasts in the past.

Not to derail my own post but likewise if anyone knows if the original 1980/90s Channel 4 TdF theme tune is similarly available, then I’d like that as well!...There was definitely an extended version of that and I once saw the title and composer attributed, but memories and the then written records have long gone!

Cheers
colin54

Re: ITV TdF (Competition) Music

Post by colin54 »

Is this the extended version of the old theme tune ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSUsw04O6M
Nu-Fogey
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Nu-Fogey
colin54

Post by colin54 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oclNhYajwo4

A reworking of this from 2.00 minutes in plus a bit of frere Jaques,a haunting tune somehow.
Nu-Fogey
Spinners

Post by Spinners »

I've had that as my ringtone for about 10 years :D
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Spinners wrote:I've had that as my ringtone for about 10 years :D

Me too!
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Thanks Colin54 for the links. Much appreciated. The link to the extended theme/video is superb on both counts and takes me back to the days I mentioned in the OP. What a great theme and imagery. :D
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Spinners wrote:I've had that as my ringtone for about 10 years :D

I have a dual sim phone and use this music for my French calls.
For the English calls I have music from the film 'The Shining'.
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

DavidT wrote:Does anyone know if the background electronic music to the “Competition section” is available for download from its composer? Having grown up listening to Kraftwerk and many others of a similar genre, it rather appeals. I’m sure I’ve heard extended versions of it on broadcasts in the past.

Found it!

Look on the iTunes Music Store: it's called "Velo City" by "Diva Music". There's also a version called "Velo City Atmos", plus another bit of ITV4 TdF incidental music, "Chain Warrior".
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Hi Richard. A belated thanks for this update - due to holiday. How the heck did you find this?! (Do you have industry knowledge or something? :wink: ) I was grateful for previous links to the original (extended) theme music re Pete Shelley but had given up on this piece as being too obscure. Unfortunately I'm not on Itunes, but I'll sort something out I'm sure via family, and at least I have a link now.

Best Regards
David
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

Ah, well... the final highlights programme always has extended credits of all the people who've worked on the show. One of them, this year, was "Music: Diva Music". So I googled them and found their website - http://www.divamusic.co.uk/ - which had links to the two tracks on iTunes.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides