Cyclists' Defence Fund or Brake for donation ?

belgiangoth

Cyclists' Defence Fund or Brake for donation ?

Post by belgiangoth »

I donate every month to the CDF. I wonder whether I would get better road safety by donating to "brake" instead. What think you?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
gaz

Re: CDF or brake

Post by gaz »

It's your money. I think you should choose what you do with it.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

For a moment there I thought you were saving up for a new Croix de Fer.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
mjr

Post by mjr »

Richard Fairhurst wrote:For a moment there I thought you were saving up for a new Croix de Fer.

And I wanted to know where you could get one for the same price as a brake ;)

I'd keep donating to CDF as I think the current poor state of law and enforcement is one of the biggest road safety problems cycling has, while Brake are completely wrong-headed about cycling safety with their top priorities being cyclist training, clothing and maintenance, saying nothing about the need for Road Justice, Vision Zero or anything like that. Brake even advises cyclists to get off the roads, tell children "to get off and walk their bike on the pavement if they have to negotiate any busy junctions" (yeah, because being slower, bigger and less stable is really helpful at junctions) and opposes kiddie trainers apart from on cycleways away from roads (I guess they'd prefer you to put the kids and trailer in the back of the SUV to get there...)

Why would any cyclist donate to such a bunch of bike-haters? :-(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.