Wiggle reviews

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
gbnz

Wiggle reviews

Post by gbnz »

Hmm....to be fair to Wiggle I obtained a refund four months after buying an own brand lube.

But I'm shocked :shock: My perfectly reasonable review, stating that the lube was a false economy and left a layer of black grime on the chainset/chain hasn't been retained on the Wiggle website :shock:

I rarely read and never normally leave reviews, which this experience supports
Psamathe

Re: Wiggle reviews

Post by Psamathe »

I am always very cautious about reviews on web sites - only because most companies exist to make money and retail operations need to sell stuff so bad reviews are unlikely to help that aim so difficult to know if some bad reviews are "do not comply with our Terms & Conditions" (rejected).

Never trust reviews from a manufacturer web site - probably/maybe genuine but undoubtedly cherry picked. Retailers I'm suspicious about, though for some unknown reason I do trust Amazon reviews (maybe because they have so many alternative products if they don't sell you one they you will be an alternative, plus you do see a fair number of bad reviews).

Ian
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

I find user reviews useful, but Wiggle doesn’t seem to have figured out the purpose of user reviews (whereas I think Amazon, for example, has).

I wrote a negative review of a pair of Shimano shoes and Wiggle rejected it, claiming that my review (verbatim):

• contains inappropriate content
  • is considered inappropriate

I was astonished! I had written nothing but the honest truth about the shoes and hadn’t said anything even mildly offensive. My two other reviews, both largely positive, were accepted.

So, yes, take Wiggle reviews with a pinch of salt. They’ve dumped at least some of the negative ones! Maybe they have a quota for negative reviews they can’t surpass? Because some negative reviews get published, giving a misleading impression of transparency.

Anyone else had Wiggle reviews rejected? Search your inbox for “wiggle review” to remind yourself of their reasons for rejection.

As for me, I went back to not reviewing anything for Wiggle. What’s the point?
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

gbnz wrote:Hmm....to be fair to Wiggle I obtained a refund four months after buying an own brand lube.

But I'm shocked :shock: My perfectly reasonable review, stating that the lube was a false economy and left a layer of black grime on the chainset/chain hasn't been retained on the Wiggle website :shock:

I rarely read and never normally leave reviews, which this experience supports

Can you find your review if you use the Trustpilot site?
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.wiggle.co.uk
I've found over the years that companies are selective in their content but if you go direct to the company hosting the reviews you find the warts and all.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

Those are reviews of Wiggle itself, Paulatic. In my case, I was reviewing a product I bought from Wiggle (Shimano shoes). This is why I was surprised that Wiggle cared: surely if my negative review dissuaded someone from buying those shoes (unlikely) they’d just buy another pair instead? Wiggle wins no matter which shoes you buy from them.
JimL

Post by JimL »

My experence is similar.

A recent critical review of leg warmers (far too long to be of any use to most people and other reviewers had mentioned the excessive length but I still bought them ) was rejected. I think they didn't like me casting aspersion on their " carefully designed in the UK ' marketing blurb but it was all fair comment in my opinion
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Having spent two hours literally having to polish Wiggles black crud off the chainset and chain (That bike has been off road since comments originally posted), thought I'd check to see if Wiggle had finally got around to posting my review.

Nope; apparently the Wiggle lube in question has gained a huge number of admirers since my unpublished review :? :?

Anyway, I'm taking my nearly full container of Wiggle lube to the waste transfer/oil collection point in fourty minutes time
Kojak

Post by Kojak »

It's not just wiggle.
I had a poorly handled experience with Decathlon when I got into cycling.
I got myself banned from the Btwin forum no less :shock:
I still can't quite believe it.

In a nutshell,
After months of ownership through various forum posts I said ...
Great bike, poor (actually none at all) advice on sizing in the shop.
Great return policy but not without its flaws.
This clearly irked the faithful. My posts were factual and polite.
I received a warning from 'Big Brother' their anonymous moderating account, not to berate Decathlon.
I challenged them (politely) to quote and send me one single post that they considered to berate Decathlon so I could get on their wave length.
Without any further posts, the next day I tried to go on the forum and I got a 'You have been banned from this forum' message.

Anyway, long and short of it was I got a full refund and left the decathlon website feedback that...
I enjoyed the bike over short distances but could not ride too far as it was the wrong size and gave me pain. I wanted to do a like for like swap changing the sizing but that mean't surrendering the advantage that I took in their sale as the bike was no longer on sale. So refusing to pay another £200 for the same bike in a different size no longer in the sale I got my money back and defected to Giant.
I still think Decathlon have some great stuff and at good prices and will continue to shop there but that review disappeared and it seems only the 3 out of 5's and above seem to hang around.
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

Sorry for delayed reply, only just read this.

Wiggle have both Facebok and Twitter accounts. Collegeues have had great success (albeit with different retailers) by posting on these when other courses fail to get action. Whilst they can remove them, too many people will see them - so I'm told, I don't use either media myself.