Trump Wins!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
SpannerGeek

Trump Wins!

Post by SpannerGeek »

I've no horse in this race, but is this a Brexit moment for America? A two fingers to the political establishment?
Erudin

Re: Trump Wins!

Post by Erudin »

Attachments
trump.jpg
irc

Post by irc »

My son had a bet on him. Wonder what odds he got.

Paddy Power not looking clever.

http://blog.paddypower.com/politics/201 ... y-clinton/
syklist

Post by syklist »

irc wrote:My son had a bet on him. Wonder what odds he got.

I should have thought of that. Always bet against your team, then, if they lose you at least have some extra money in your pocket.
So long and thanks for all the fish...
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well one thing's clear.
Opinion polls are toast. Time the media got to grips with that. If there's one set of businesses I'd want to see go into liquidation en bloc, it's those damned pollsters.
Secondly:
Democracy is toast. As far as I'm concerned. Two instances this year now, the "will of the people" my [rude word filtered]! More the "will of the mob". Why bother to vote? I don't think I shall, ever again. The ancient Greeks invented "δημοκρατία" but they also practiced slavery.
What more to say? Just that I feel sick.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

Trump has won 276 electoral votes, becoming the 45th president of the United States.
syklist

Post by syklist »

Any chance that there is a grassy knoll near Trump right now?
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

And now the fun starts :roll:
If I was an American Citizen then I'd be onto a broker and buy shares in any form of armament company, large or small, as I see boom times ahead. We're certainly moving into troubling times and a hugely divided society, worse than Brexit.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Will of the people indeed! I wonder if this is a slap in the face for the politicians that have championed Globalisation. Maybe Le Pen will be next. She must really fancy her chances now. Like it or not, this is ordinary people saying that they are unhappy with the way things have been going. We can point at Trump and say, as I have, "what a terrible man", but that is not an adequate response. Our politicians need to reflect on why ordinary people, in huge numbers, are turning their backs on mainstream politics.

(Civilisation is not quite ended. Brucey is still talking about spokes.)
syklist

Post by syklist »

francovendee wrote:And now the fun starts :roll:
If I was an American Citizen then I'd be onto a broker and buy shares in any form of armament company, large or small, as I see boom times ahead. We're certainly moving into troubling times and a hugely divided society, worse than Brexit.

That and buy shares in the main construction companies. That Mexican border wall is going to be very good business for that sector. :roll:
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

pwa wrote:Will of the people indeed! I wonder if this is a slap in the face for the politicians that have championed Globalisation. Maybe Le Pen will be next. She must really fancy her chances now. Like it or not, this is ordinary people saying that they are unhappy with the way things have been going. We can point at Trump and say, as I have, "what a terrible man", but that is not an adequate response. Our politicians need to reflect on why ordinary people, in huge numbers, are turning their backs on mainstream politics.

Hear Hear Sir...... :D :D :D

.......and as for the opinion poles ???!!!!!...... :shock: :shock: .......(haven't we seen that somewhere before ??... :roll: )....
pwa

Post by pwa »

syklist wrote:
francovendee wrote:And now the fun starts :roll:

That and buy shares in the main construction companies. That Mexican border wall is going to be very good business for that sector. :roll:

Is there enough concrete on the Planet to make that? Maybe if he puts a cycle track on the top of it we will have reason to thank him.
irc

Post by irc »

Interesting times ahead. More importantly than him being president is that his party also controls the Senate and the House. He'll probably be appointing some Supreme Court judges. His hands will be less tied than Obama's were. I predict he tone down the campaign rhetoric and get some good advisers in and make a decent stab at governing.

One of the BBC commentators made a good point. Clinton more or less knew for the last 8 years that she would be the candidate. She still left herself open to criticism with the e-mails and the Clinton Foundation. Poor judgement lost it for her.
syklist

Post by syklist »

pwa wrote:Is there enough concrete on the Planet to make that? Maybe if he puts a cycle track on the top of it we will have reason to thank him.

It is fascinating to see those western countries that "won the Cold War" now walling their citizens in (both physically and metaphorically) whilst implementing surveillance regimes that go well beyond the wildest wet dreams of the DDR's Stasi.
tyreon

Post by tyreon »

This man opens up comedy,now even I can have a go at imitation! Democracy at work++ Is there a babe out there(28yo,34BB,32,32)who I can double up with :) (with apologies to Nicky-politically correct-Clegg :( ).