recumbent riders where are we...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Re: recumbent riders where are we...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

canoesailor wrote:Hi
I'm at Anstey in Leicestershire
I ride a Mission jt2000 semi recumbent trike.

I'm just getting back into cycling and I'm looking to get together for a ride with anyone near enough.
I would post a picture but I keep getting messages saying the file is too big - it's 535kb and 3.5 x 2.75 inches

You have a blogspot page - you could host it there and link it ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
crossy

Post by crossy »

Hi I've found a way to reduce the photo if you use a PCs not a Mac. Right click on the photo, that will bring down a box click edit. At the top of this will be a size button click on that, click on pixel then reduce the number in the top box the second number below it automatically change. Click the x top right to close you will get a box asking if you want to save changes click yes. If you click to the photo edit again check at the bottom of the frame and you will find the photo size. Just keep on resizing until it is small enough to go on the website. Hope this helps.
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Nailsea, just south of Bristol with an Ice Trice T trike
seldomseen

Post by seldomseen »

Deep in the King's Forest, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Geoff.D wrote:
Kazzaroo wrote:I live in the Cotswolds and I have a ICE Adventure....Does anyone live near me? I would love to have some other riders to hit the trails with :D

I've been in Long Compton for a year now, Kazzaroo. Recently retired, and busy exploring the Cotswolds, amongst other things. Firstly it was on my swb Lee Cooper 'bent, but more recently on my ICE RS. Loving it. Would enjoy meeting up.

I live just south of Bristol and am new to recumbent riding having just bought a used Ice Trice QNT, but was thinking of entering the Awdry 60k Audax in September are either of you up for joining me?
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

Tilley wrote:
Geoff.D wrote:
Kazzaroo wrote:I live in the Cotswolds and I have a ICE Adventure....Does anyone live near me? I would love to have some other riders to hit the trails with :D

I've been in Long Compton for a year now, Kazzaroo. Recently retired, and busy exploring the Cotswolds, amongst other things. Firstly it was on my swb Lee Cooper 'bent, but more recently on my ICE RS. Loving it. Would enjoy meeting up.

I live just south of Bristol and am new to recumbent riding having just bought a used Ice Trice QNT, but was thinking of entering the Awdry 60k Audax in September are either of you up for joining me?

Tilley,
Wonderful thought, and I'd love to. I've entered sportives and audaxes on the trike and thoroughly enjoyed them.
However, just at the moment I'm on crutches with a cast on my lower leg. I had a full hip replacement last July, which hasn't "taken" and it's still inflamed to the extent that walking, climbing the stairs and sleeping are all painful. It's possible that the surgeon will have to go in again and install another joint. But when that will be I don't know, and until it's fixed (one way or another) I can't get down into (and up from) the trike, let alone exercise the inflamed joint.
In addition, I've had an ankle fusion (hence the cast). This is going well and I may be walking without crutches in a week or two.
So, I've not cycled for a year and my legs have become like matchsticks!! I can't predict when I'll be back on the road, and then I'll have to build up my fitness again. I
Please do revisit this idea in the future. I'd enjoy the company
Geoff
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Thanks Geoff,
Sorry to hear you are laid up at the moment I hope all goes well and will post again at sometime in the future to see if we can join up on an event.

Tim
Derv

Post by Derv »

Just moved to Melksham, Wilts.
Catlike 700 triker when its not raining.
SimonHK

Post by SimonHK »

I'm in Woking, Surrey.

Challenge Furai 26

Anyone around?
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

Buckie, Scotland.
ICE Trice QNT (2007)
JohnDuckworth

Post by JohnDuckworth »

Dorking Surrey with HPV Streetmachine and Ice Sprint 26 x
Derek Cassells

Post by Derek Cassells »

West Lancashire: Ice Trike Adventure
bryan.fanson1

Post by bryan.fanson1 »

Pendeen, far West of Cornwall.

Performer JC70AL-FRP trike.

KMX K-3 trike (son's)

Rest of the family ride a multitude of upwrong Mtb's, road, hybrid and BMX.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my D6603 using hovercraft full of eels.
skelo

Post by skelo »

in York, Kettweisel...
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Bump
Where are you?
I only have upWrongs :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott