Planet X - customer service

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Vorpal

Re: Planet X - customer service

Post by Vorpal »

I have attempted to order something from Planet X for delivery to a UK address.

I wanted one of the long layback seat posts that have been talked up on the forum. I thought I had ordered in plenty of time for Christmas, and it showed 7 in stock when I ordered.

However, on the 13th I received an email saying that they were out of stock with no information about expected delivery dates.

I replied immediately that I would like to receive it before 30 Dec. and asked if that was possible. I also asked if they could recommend another long layback seat post.

On the 16th, I received another reply that they would be in after mid-January, and

:roll:

I cancelled the order, and now it's probably too late to get something delivered in the UK for Christmas.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Planet x are my LBS.
Financial issues and redundancy, 50% of the staff, can not have helped.
But the service i have received has been quick, friendly, and well priced.
Bike ordered from their on line service, custom build, delivered in 4 days. brill.....
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Update: nice email back from Planet X

I am really sorry about all of this, I totally understand your frustration in regards to the issue.

The delivery date for the seat post is the 16/01/2016, that was my mistake and I am sorry.

The seat posts I offered were the only available layback I have in stock.

Another option would the following:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SPSEZETA/s ... y-seatpost

I'm afraid these are all the lay back seat posts we have in stock, the 3 options given are around 15mm where the option above is 20mm.

I have passed your feedback to management to investigate the incident.

Your order has been cancelled and a refund has been processed back to your original method of payment.

Please allow 3 working days for the refund to show.

Once again, I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I hope you have a great day.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
peetee

Post by peetee »

Good bargains to be had but you have to be snappy. And beware of thier sales prices. They fluctuate wildly day to day. For example their own brand wheel bags within one week were £8 then £24 then £14.99 (the £14.99 was the 'sale price'!
And if you have anything in your shopping basket at 11.59pm it will disappear at midnight!
Also had a bit of trouble getting them to accept that on one order their Selcof Stainless brake inners were actually galvanised (I had recieved many before that were fine). The sales team were ignorant of the difference and said the warehouse would get back to me. Nothing happened.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
dylanharrison85

Post by dylanharrison85 »

Never had a problem with planet x had 2 bikes 3 pairs of wheels bought a FSA crankset at a bargain price with bottom bracket but when crankset arrives no bottom bracket a phone call later and a bottom bracket arrives the next day had some top bargains and I always buy in bulk I like to stock up lol

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my VFD 600 using hovercraft full of eels.
jonwboy

PlanetX - customer service

Post by jonwboy »

Purchase a saddle bag straps not enclosed. Despite several Emails and 8 days later. Still not resolved.
Mistakingly bought something else a few days ago, (product was the wrong one). Still waiting to resolve this too.
Have bought items from them previously, something going wrong with this business.
PH

Re: PlanetX - customer service

Post by PH »

jonwboy wrote:Purchase a saddle bag straps not enclosed. Despite several Emails and 8 days later. Still not resolved.
Mistakingly bought something else a few days ago, (product was the wrong one). Still waiting to resolve this too.
Have bought items from them previously, something going wrong with this business.

There is an element of getting what you pay for and their prices won't include much budget for customer service, I'm not sure how anyone would expect it to. IMO "Planet X, understand what sort of business you're dealing with" would be more apt than "Avoid"
I've bought a few things of them, the couple of times I've had errors or needed to make returns it's worked out OK, I can't say I received outstanding service, I didn't expect it either. I bought some tyres once, after confirming they were as described rather than those pictured, they were wrong and it took a couple of weeks to resolve - had they been right I'd have saved £40, I knew it was a gamble.
RickH

Post by RickH »

I've ordered stuff from them quite a few times without any issue - in fact I've been surprised how often orders have been dispatched the same day even when I've ordered well into the afternoon.

Once an order wrong - I'd ordered several tyres, including a pair of (much reduced) studded tyres, & one was missing. The order was queried & the missing one arrived after a few days.

One of the studded tyres developed a fault on first use & was unridable after about 4 or 5 miles (one bead had expanded & that side of the tyre would no longer stay on the rim). I can't really blame them directly for that but I went through the returns process & sent it back. A few days later a replacement arrived.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
sukuinage

Post by sukuinage »

Ordered a couple of times, each time had problems but they resolved them:

1. Sent the wired, not the folding version; sent a barbag without the handlebar bracket. I live in Germany so in they told me they'd send out the correct tyres and the bracket but it wasn't worth me sending the tyres back. In the end (about a week) they sent the exact same tyres again and eventually realised they had no brackets left (it was the last bag). End result a refund on the bag and I gave up trying to get the originally ordered tyres.
2. Sent 700x28 tyres rather than the 26"x 47 I'd ordered. This time they sorted it out in two days & sent the correct ones.

Cycling shorts are definitely lardarse Brit and not Italian cyclist size. I need at least xxl in Castelli, xl in PX are way too big despite the measurements telling me that they are correct in xl

Still recommend them.
Bowedw

Post by Bowedw »

I have bought several items over the years from PlanetX and all in all I cannot complain on that score, but I would probably have bought much more, if it was not for their website. You search for an item on the internet, Planet X invariably comes up with the item at a certain price, On opening their website the item may have a higher price instantly or when you click to select the various options the prices all become higher. Another bugbear is that you have to open each option up and often there is no stock or say in the case of stems only one choice of length. I invariably give up on them as life is to short for that sort of hassle,
RickH

Post by RickH »

Bowedw wrote:I have bought several items over the years from PlanetX and all in all I cannot complain on that score, but I would probably have bought much more, if it was not for their website. You search for an item on the internet, Planet X invariably comes up with the item at a certain price, On opening their website the item may have a higher price instantly or when you click to select the various options the prices all become higher. Another bugbear is that you have to open each option up and often there is no stock or say in the case of stems only one choice of length. I invariably give up on them as life is to short for that sort of hassle,

There is a link to show all options, stock & prices for an item at once - "view all availability" just below the add to basket button.
Screenshot_20180918-213128.png

Which brings up
Screenshot_20180918-213139.png
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Not read all the posts, I have had all good service so far.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

I live 5 mins drive from Planet-X so prefer to call in to pick purchases up rather than wait for delivery.It used to be easy...not any more.The phone lines have been down for weeks and the only option online is delivery to a home address(they are addressing this)"In stock" means at the warehouse not the shop so I've called in to buy something to be told it's in the warehouse so I have to order it then return to the shop a couple of days later.
It was so much easier when I could ring up to check stock or order "click and collect" :roll: