Best Bike Ride 2016

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Bonefishblues

Re: Best Bike Ride 2016

Post by Bonefishblues »

Family ride, Pitsford reservoir, happy day, as might be evident :D

PH

Post by PH »

I've had a Welsh year, didn't plan it that way it just happened. Local group chose the LLC for a tour, the national 400 Audax went to Llangollen and a works outing was a walk up Snowdon which I felt obliged to cycle to in order to maintain reputation.
So it's no surprise that the best ride was in Wales, and thanks to the weather, the scenery and the company, it'll have to go to the Gospel Pass section of the LLC
ImagePH-20 by Paul, on Flickr
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Christmas day 76 km longest ride of the year so far in the lovely "colourless" country, mostly grey and brown, did an extra leg on an old rail line in a tunnel under the trees, then there is a stretch that seems to go up hill where one can go faster. Rather exhausted back home - the right sort of tiredness. Heated up some groats for supper.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Christmas day 76 km longest ride of the year so far in the lovely "colourless" country, mostly grey and brown, did an extra leg on an old rail line in a tunnel under the trees, then there is a stretch that seems to go up hill where one can go faster. Rather exhausted back home - the right sort of tiredness. Heated up some groats for supper.

Just one of the benefits of winter riding is the lack of leaves on the hedges. You see things that are usually hidden and some things you notice for the first time.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
durhambiker

Post by durhambiker »

Peurto Pollenca area in Mallorca.V pleasant.
atlas_shrugged

Post by atlas_shrugged »

Hook of Holland to/from Amsterdam Sloten Park using the Lf1a/b North Sea route

Cycling along the Sand dunes was as it should be. But if it is windy give your chain a good clean!
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well mine is 2015/6 but definitely the London River Crane path leading into the Hillingdon trail - all off road starting at Twickenham and ending at Rickmansworth 20+ miles through the nooks and crannies of London that few only the locals ever see, along dirt paths side of the river crane, industrial archaelogy, nature reserves, avenues, green spaces, water meadows, canal paths, local watering holes ( Ruislip Liddo ) ; and few travel in its entirety. You dont have to travel to foreign parts to get fun on a bike

http://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93127&hilit=crane
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

Mine was a few days tour around the wonderful Wiltshire countryside. The mid June weather was pretty atrocious and involved a cat and mouse chase to avoid the heavy rain showers - I was forced to wait out the heaviest at various pubs ;-)
Attachments
mms_img-207007478.jpg
mms_img-2004062276.jpg
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Apart from the daily commute, the only rides I did different to that to that were Great Weston Ride for the third time and I rode from Cardiff to Bristol which was flat apart from the last 20 miles when I had to climb from Caldicot to Chepstow.