Acycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
jeremydrew121

Acycles

Post by jeremydrew121 »

Bought new wheels and pedals from an online company called Acycles in November, didn't get them and they have not refunded my money, bearing in mind the total was £896.33 its not an inconsiderable sum of money. Buyer beware!
Spinners

Re: Friendly Warning about Acycles

Post by Spinners »

Not good. Hope you paid by credit card.
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
Erudin

Post by Erudin »

I get my Wipperman chains from them without problems. I think they are based in France. What reason do they give for the delay?
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I bought a special order TA chainring from them last year - no issues, in fact arrived quicker than their estimate.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
pwa

Post by pwa »

Warning noted. Thanks. Hope you get your money back soon.
drossall

Post by drossall »

I too have bought from them without problems. I think you should make sure that you have exhausted all means of contacting them, as they seem perfectly legitimate to me.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

They offer a walk in collection service .... In France ........ :roll:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

I have ordered several bits and pieces from Acycles and never had a problem.

That doesn’t mean problems cannot occur, but it’s an odd one from a poster with only one other post (a rambler on 23 mm versus 25 mm tyres).

Precisely which wheels and pedals are we talking about here?
horizon

Post by horizon »

Last year I ordered some pannier covers from Tweeks. It rolled on for about four to five months while the container ship made its way from China. Tweeks were really helpful but short of taking a small boat out ...

Two years ago I came close to ordering a rack from Acycles and saw nothing wrong. The OP needs to tell us a lot more if we're to take anything from his warning. I simply don't believe that's all there is to it.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Toffee

Re: Acycles

Post by Toffee »

I bought a Tubus front rack from them last year. It became apparent that they accepted my order without having any in stock. They quoted a delay of about two weeks and I needed them sooner.

When I went to cancel the order they found some to send to me. I assume someone else now had to wait for my order.