Hand Bags At Dawn

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
landsurfer

Hand Bags At Dawn

Post by landsurfer »

There is so much anger on the forum.....
Race, Gender, Sandwiches, Colour, Creed, Brexit, Immigrants, Benefits and on and on ... oh!, and sometimes Cycling ....

All forum members should be able to "Challenge their Nemesis" to a trial by combat ....
HANDBAGS AT DAWN !!!!

Very much in the style of the Batley Ladies Guild re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbour as brought to us by Monty Python ...
The protagonists should have to cycle to an agreed place of meeting in the early hours and for our entertainment, viewed by the magic of media, battle with handbags ... or Carradice products, to establish the "TRUTH OF THEIR POSTS ".
We would, of course accept the outcome..... as long as the one we where supporting won !!!!!!!!!!!

:D
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
661-Pete

Re: Hand Bags At Dawn

Post by 661-Pete »

You've forgotten: "H*lm*ts", and "Dies*l". The mind boggles at that toxic mix....
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Landsurfer
Seek help :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
SpannerGeek

Post by SpannerGeek »

Mini pumps at dawn? That way the petty point scoring and keyboard warfare could be circumvented and we could all have a laugh.

Think of all those embarrassing spelling and grammatical mistakes that could be avoided. This idea has legs!

You could charge an entrance fee :lol:
pwa

Post by pwa »

Perhaps a more cycling related challenge would be appropriate. When I was a boy my friends and I played a game in which we cycled around very slowly, trying to force each other to place a foot on the ground. Ideally you would ride in front of an opponent, forcing them to stop and put a foot down. It could still be at dawn, of course.

Helmets compulsory?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

SpannerGeek wrote:Mini pumps at dawn? ........

Someone is sure to turn up with a track pump and blow the whole thing apart.

Think of all those embarrassing spelling and grammatical mistakes that could be avoided.This idea has legs!

Though they're no use without something to peddle :wink:
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Are lead shot filled bike pumps allowed?
ChrisOntLancs

Post by ChrisOntLancs »

well with politics the trouble is that rational debate shares the same stage as mindless venting of frustration. the problem isn't inflammatory posts, it's the responses! a bit like what i'm doing now actually.

i know this is a jokey thread, but the world would be a lot better if we all made this distinction.

anything else though, hands off! arguments on forums like these are a fantastic source of consumer advice. you won't see a more well informed argument outside of star wars fan theory.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

pwa wrote:Perhaps a more cycling related challenge would be appropriate. When I was a boy my friends and I played a game in which we cycled around very slowly, trying to force each other to place a foot on the ground. Ideally you would ride in front of an opponent, forcing them to stop and put a foot down. It could still be at dawn, of course.

Helmets compulsory?

Can I ride my usual vehicle? I suspect that I might win (or if someone else was riding similarly we might all get very bored)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pwa wrote:Perhaps a more cycling related challenge would be appropriate. When I was a boy my friends and I played a game in which we cycled around very slowly, trying to force each other to place a foot on the ground. Ideally you would ride in front of an opponent, forcing them to stop and put a foot down. It could still be at dawn, of course.

Helmets compulsory?

Sounds like the opposite of my childhood which involve riding down pit rucks(slag heaps)to see who could go the fastest :shock:
A game that wasn't without it's fair share of problems involving doctors and nurses :? :( :D
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Been reading folk tales recently. The contest could be between Margie Roofmaker and Thora April, it would be held in a churchyard at midnight and 50% of the points would be awarded by a mixed jury of experts on ladies apparel.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Been reading folk tales recently. The contest could be between Margie Roofmaker and Thora April, it would be held in a churchyard at midnight and 50% of the points would be awarded by a mixed jury of experts on ladies apparel.

A wet field, early morning and the mass of Carridices best products .....
Be more Mike.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Wet cotton duck, the thought of the smell brings back memories. :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Do Carradice make thigh length black cotton duck boots :oops: :shock:
W H Auden
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Course they do ... Jules has a pair .... Black lace tops .... And SPD soles ..... Yorkshire lingerie
Be more Mike.