Lightinthebox.com

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
arnsider

Lightinthebox.com

Post by arnsider »

Has anyone been tempted by this online shop?
Shed loads of cycling gear, virtually all of it by unknown manufacturers, unknown here in the UK at any rate.
I have never seen such a chaotic mish mash of product description with the same items seemingly appearing randomly and in no particular order.
I was tempted by their rechargeable lights but glad I resisted the temptation!

I and actually purchased a couple of windproof gillets.

The alarm bells sounded when I had to stump up import duty and pay the courier before I got the goods.

I ordered the largest size, but as is depressingly often the case, they were appallingly small and unwearable.

Just a warning here. Be very careful buying anything from this Hong Kong outfit!
whoof

Re: Lightinthebox.com

Post by whoof »

I ordered some Cree lights from them. They arrived without having to pay duty. I did e-mail to ask a question about batteries and chargers and never got a reply.
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

That's interesting.
I ordered two cheap gilletts and paid their insurance and postage which came to thirty quid.
When they arrived by courier, I had to shell out eighteen quid in duty.
Then as I said, the wretched things would not fit.
I gave up with the hassle and wrote them off. I gave the garments to family.
RJS

Post by RJS »

I bought a lightweight jersey, "Jagard" a couple of years ago, it's ok, very cheap, no extra cost involved, but it took about two months to arrive. Stopped getting e-mail adverts from them when the computer upgraded (?!) its self to windows 10.
Cheers, Rob.
whoof

Post by whoof »

This is from ebay about paying duty on goods bought from China. Basically it says you might pay 20% VAT if your goods are checked by customs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Buying-from-C ... 493/g.html

I've bought about a dozen items, all quite low value including a roll of tape for 99p posted, from China and never paid anything other than the initial purchase price. Maybe I've been lucky!
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

Well, ploughing through that lot just reinforces my decision never to buy anything from China or Hong Kong.
It is just not worth the hassle and in the case of ill fitting clothing, you might as well buy from a UK supplier and swallow their mark up.