Small bag for harshell seat?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Dave W

Small bag for harshell seat?

Post by Dave W »

What have you found that fits? I read somewhere that a Lowepro camera bag will fit by slipping the rain cover over the top of the seat. Don't know which model it was though. I have a Brainbox by Bacchetta but it's a lot bigger than I need this time of year.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Small bag for harshell seat?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Hamster bag?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

forgot to say I'm looking at cheap but functional. There is no way I'm prepared to pay 130 euro's, dollars or whatever for a bag :shock:
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A bottle cage screwed onto the back with an old bidon in it - plenty of ways to make that carry stuff.

What do you need to carry?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Couple of tubes, jacket, gels, same stuff you'd carry normally.
I like the look of this but I still won't pay that kind of money :D
bag.jpg
bag.jpg (5.67 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

[XAP]Bob wrote:A bottle cage screwed onto the back with an old bidon in it - plenty of ways to make that carry stuff.

What do you need to carry?

I like this idea. Bottles come in larger sizes with screwable tops. One either side will be symmetrical.

How about a propriety rucksack (looking like the bag in your image), and modify the straps with new nylon straps easily obtained on eBay. The modifications and adjusting buckles would be out of sight down the back of the seat. Once removed it's likely that the rucksack would be hand luggage, but you might be ingenious enough to keep it usable as a rucksack.
bryan.fanson1

Post by bryan.fanson1 »

My Performer JC70AL-FRP came with a small bag. Probably about 3 litres capacity, plenty big enough for a tool kit and a spare tubes. Also has two mesh bottle holders. Last time I looked Performer don't have an accessories page at the moment but if I remember correctly they were about £25. Would be worth sending them an email, they're normally pretty prompt in replying.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my D6603 using hovercraft full of eels.
nigelnightmare

Post by nigelnightmare »

Try a small ruck sac or large bumbag either are fairly cheap and have the benefit of being able to be worn when you park up.
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

I just use a cheap bumbag with the strap wrapped twice around the seat.

OB
Marc

Post by Marc »

I use two, 3 liter LoweAlpin backpack side pockets on either side of the hardshell seat, currently fastened with some zip-ties: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=15204&p=1134876#p1131226
The LoweAlpin bags are discontinued, but Bach got similar side pockets ('regular' size): http://www.bachpacks.com/en/home/produc ... asche.html
Here is the rear view of the Bach, lots of lugs for mounting straps: https://www.bfgcdn.com/1500_1500_90/556 ... tail-2.jpg
mark aldridge

Post by mark aldridge »

Having lots of Ortleib spares and old panniers I cobbled up a couple of mini bags out of old roll-top pockets.
If you treat the pocket as a mini pannier you can fit two rack hooks on a bar at the top and the normal rack hook at the bottom.
I then cut up an old rack and used the tube and a few P clips to create a mini rack on the seat back.
I can mount one or two bags as needed and still have space for a light mount.
Neat, adjustable and bombproof Ortleib technology.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Currently hang a small rucksack, but thinking of buying a Radical rack pack..
My current setup
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93678935@ ... 005052095/
The radical is better shaped for maximising shape.

Martin
NUKe

Post by Tigerbiten »

My rack has bolt on sides.
Since I cannot use the left side as it interferes with my trailer hitch, I use that as a frame for a camelbak bladder holder.
This is then zip-tied/bolted to the back of my seat.
If needed with a smaller diameter tube pushed down inside the rack frame, I have two flagpole holders as well ........... :D