hard case for a kindle

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
dlv13

hard case for a kindle

Post by dlv13 »

has anyone found a hard case that will protect a kindle when on tour , as all the ones ive seen really will not stop the screen getting cracked if something presses against it ,
Vorpal

Re: hard case for a kindle

Post by Vorpal »

I have an impact resistant one. It seems quite sturdy. I think mine is from Fintie, or something like that. A friend of mine has one called 'turtle shell' that also seems good.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mjr

Post by mjr »

Another vote for fintie but I think they're now only available for recent kindles. The "thin" hard case I now use for my kindle 3 is thicker than the kindle :-(
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mjr

Post by mjr »

forefront are also good.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I travel with mine in a Jiffy bag. Lighter option than a case for me. Never been damaged, but one was stolen in Lisbon from my saddlebag.
Heltor Chasca

hard case for a kindle

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Not a Kindle as such, but I read Kindle on my mini iPad. For that I use an Otterbox. 2 tours and sound. Wonder if Otterbox do something for a Kindle?
fivebikes

Post by fivebikes »

I have a kindle paper white. The official case for that has a pretty solid front flap that also turns the device on and off when opening/closing. Sturdy without being clunky!
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

bigjim wrote:I travel with mine in a Jiffy bag. Lighter option than a case for me. Never been damaged, but one was stolen in Lisbon from my saddlebag.

I used to do that. I had one of the original Kindles. It was a Christmas gift the year they came out. I was travelling wth it, and thought I had it sufficiently protected between two other relatively flat things. But it somehow was bent enough to break the screen. I was in an airport when I discovered it and Dixon's had a sale on the basic version--I don't remember now which generation it is (5?)--so I picked up a new one immediately. It was good to be able to do that. I was in the middle of a book, and still had some hours of travel ahead of me.

But I got a case for it as soon as I could.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I got this case for my Kindle Paper White. It's very strong and light £4.95

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Slim-Ma ... 1126476536

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Mine have always been in an "Origami" case as it supports in a good reading position.

This then fits into a cheap neoprene pencil case

Never had a problem.
brumster

Post by brumster »

I made one by combining an old hardback book ( to use as a cover) and cutting a "kindle size hole" in an old foam camping mat - trimmed to fit inside hardback book cover and held in place with glue and duck tape. Worked a treat. My parents eventually took pity on me and bought me a proper kindle cover one Christmas...