What are you doing?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
john4703

Post by john4703 »

Just finished my lunch at work; today it was cold pasta, very spicy and left over from yesterday's evening meal. In about 4 minutes I'm going to put my headset back on and recommence taking calls from BBC listeners and viewers.
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.
workhard

Post by workhard »

Finishing my departmental forecast and business plan for 2009, with a thumping head ache and a swollen gland in my throat which my Doctor sneered at as "mild tonsilitis or similar, so take some paracetamol, etc., etc.,".

Also trying to figure if the new role I've been offered as part of our organisational re-structure is a poisoned chalice or not whilst remembering to count my blessings as there are worse outcomes.
ianr1950

Post by ianr1950 »

By heck I hope you can't catch a sore throat via the net. :lol:
gaz

Post by gaz »

Having a quick look around the forum to see if there are any new and interesting threads, or even any old one's I can drag past their sell by date.

Silently cursing the mouse on the library computer as it seems to have a life of it's own.

Now I'm off to bring meaning to the phrase "the cheques in the post".
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Si

Post by Si »

ianr1950 wrote:By heck I hope you can't catch a sore throat via the net. :lol:

Tis funny how many people are off sick just as the TdF is on TV :wink:
Nerazzurri

Post by Nerazzurri »

Just back from a liquid lunch with 9 others. Had a final kilt fitting for a wedding on Thursday and then we all decamped to the nearest watering hole. What glorious weather to be enjoying a few beers watching the world go by 8)
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Depends on whether it's a virus or not.
stoatsngroats

Post by stoatsngroats »

I'm resting, after my commute of 9 miles at 4am, and return at 3.15 pm.
I delivered 4.5 tons of chilled, & frozen food etc, in Hastings..!

Looking forawrd to a lovely evening meal, cooked by The Wife; and a quiet daughter......! :shock:
johnonthetyne

Post by johnonthetyne »

partner at work so makin fajitas for tea then goin for a tinker in garage.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

kwackers wrote:

Depends on whether it's a virus or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Budum tish!!!

Back on topic: There's a lot of poorliness about ...... Me too.

A friend has just played Florence Nightingale and cheered me up with a delicious, healthy lunch and scintillating conversation with a side order of ibuprofen.

I wish everybody better.
Dee
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

1/ Sorting things out after getting home from hol on Sunday and finding house burgled.

2/ Continuing decorating started before hol

3/ Baby sitting 2 yo grandson.

4/ Laundry after returning from hol
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

thirdcrank wrote:Sorting things out after getting home from hol on Sunday and finding house burgled.

Oh, Good Grief! Poor you!
I hope there's nothing too valuable gone. Even if there's not, it's just that one can feel violated by an intruder.

You have my sympathy.

Regards,
Mick.
Mick F. Cornwall
Lawrie9

Post by Lawrie9 »

Amazing how many of the idle rich seem to inhabit the CTC forum
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

Enjoying second day of summer hols. Cycled to Waitrose to buy food. Cleaned out two kitchen cupboards and spent the day tidying the garden front and back. Mr Yoyo pleased as he won't have to do it at the weekend.
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

about to re-write a chapter on why the people of later Mesolithic and earlier Neolithic Cornwall would have bothered to climb up onto the high moors and go to the tors.

Ohhh a historian! Love history. Know nothing of Cornwall Im afraid, except their love of dancing and having their own language and identity. (a group comes over here for Crunnaigh week - celtic festival)

Sorry about all you poorly folk.

And thirdcrank! Oh no! There can be not much worse than having your house broken into. Hope not much damage was caused.

What am I doing... about to eat my tea prepared by Rosie, then later tonight I am servicing the cycles that we are taking to Hadrians Wall for our epic journey. Gotta replace tyres and tubes on mine, plus I think the brake shoes too. Beth is getting yet another set of blurdy mudguards forced into place on her sirrus.

Opps... tea on table.

See ya later

Mary