What are you doing?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
stoatsngroats

Post by stoatsngroats »

Robert82 wrote:Just made the finishing touches to my route for Saturday - and put it up on Bikely.com

Hi Rob...got a linky...?
stoobs

Post by stoobs »

Wildduck wrote:Letting the side down unfortunately..

One pannier for the laptop and...

One pannier for the victoria sponge...(which I can't upload the image for at the moment - damn!!!)

I note that you have TWO SINGLE PANNIERS!!!!! :wink:

There's no getting away from the irrefutable logic!
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Ah yes, that's a better way of looking at it!

(still can't get the cake pictures up!)
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I'm drinking tea from a pint-pot with a picture of The Flying Scotsman on it - looking at my Mercian - talking to my Pennine - feeling decidedly ratty after looking at the weather forecast site and seeing that, yet again, it will be unwise and wet to cycle to work tomorrow.

And reminding myself to express my sympathy to thirdcrank over the burgulary at his home. It happened to us - they took the children's computer games (which were quite new things in those days) and the video machine. Chin up thirdcrank - I do feel for you.

And listening to the rain outside - it's coming down heavily and I hope the shed roof repair that I've recently carried out has been successful - my hack bikes live in the shed, but a chap doesn't want even his hack bikes to get wet, does a chap?

I've finished my tea now - last cup of the day - and I'm off to bath and bed. G'night all.
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

I'm waiting for my cup of herbal tea before going to bed after an hours bell ring in our local church tower followed by an hour or so (bit elongated as someone had a birthday today) social with the other ringers in the local pub :D :P :D :P .
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

ps Goodnight all!!!
Bodie

Post by Bodie »

numbnuts wrote:I've just finish making 18 mince pies and now having my lunch

Bake early for Christmas!

(I love mince pies, my local Waitrose stocks thier all butter super sinful version all year round much to my delight)
Si

Post by Si »

I'm about to go for a ride on a bike. L8ers.
Si

Post by Si »

Oh vile temptress,
oh rays of sun light,
oh promise of warmth and dryness,

woe are my shoes,
woe is my rain coat,
and thrice woe for my drive train.
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

stoobs wrote:I'm waiting for my photographs to arrive,(everbody join in):

"Some day, my prints will come..."

TC, sorry to hear about the burglary - that must be very upsetting.

lauriematt - "snakebite"?

Wildduck - and all of that with one pannier! :wink:

snakebite???
whats that then???

from the look of the tube the tear was a few mm long, but not like a hole when you get a thorn or glass in it. do you think it just got pinched?
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU .... CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
BrianInnes

Post by BrianInnes »

Finished unpacking from my holidays now transferring 3GB worth of photos from my 2 day holiday @ Pitlochry.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Back at the library, cursing my home ISP this time as my broadband connection has failed.

Wish me luck sorting that one out.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

I am about to do the washing up .... so I guess that means that I am procrastinating.

Procrastinating. Yes. That would accurately describe what I am doing.....

eta: I hope that everyone is feeling better? I am. And Thirdcrank, I hope you are winning .... with the aftermath of the burglary - how ghastly for you - and the laundry!!
Dee
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Leaky tank finally ok.

One of the coil securing rings was weeping. Took it off, cleaned it up and clamped it back on. Then I had to re-install the complete tank and fill it up again so the immersion heater could provide us with hot water, only to find another leak!

Drain again, and fix a self-inflicted defect - this time easy to get at - and re fill again.

It's been dry for 24 hours now, so tomorrow I'm going to fill the back boilers and coil system. We may light the woodburner tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I'm still decorating. And whilst the paint dries, I'm typing up more of my Grand Tour account. Stand by for another bit on the blog later this evening/tomorrow morning.

No cycling for days now.
RAIN again, horrendous rain!
Mick F. Cornwall
Robert

Post by Robert »

stoatsngroats wrote:
Robert82 wrote:Just made the finishing touches to my route for Saturday - and put it up on Bikely.com

Hi Rob...got a linky...?

It's in this post

I'm procratinating too. I'm supposed to be tidying up all the bits of paper work, and deciding how few very expensive euros I can get away with taking. As it turns out I should have organised the euros 9 months ago.