reohn2 wrote:These patches I find the best
Sorry, but I've got to say it: They aren't a patch on this.
That used to work extremely well when the patches were covered with paper, but with the "cellophane" it's not so easy, but still a good method.reohn2 wrote:iandriver wrote:reohn2 wrote:
The method is simple once the puncture is located,roughen the surrounding with the abrasive paper supplied a little bigger than the patch,spread a little solution on the area,let it dry, approx 5minutes max,repeat with more solution,let it dry again,peel foil from the patch apply patch to tube pressing from the centre outward paying attention to the edges,carefully peel celofane from the patch(trying not to disturb the edges.finish by scraping some of the french chalk 3
Kind of what I do. Only I'm a bit prone to leaving the celofane on as it seems to be irrepably bonded on and I use dirt from the wheel rim instead of chalk. Must be a philistine myself, but it seems to work.
Since posting that I've found that if you fold the patch in the middle once glued in place on the tube,the cellphone is designed to split in the middle and peel off easier
slimjim wrote:Buy a proper puncture repair kit in Poundland - they are fab
However, I am just about to try with evostick and a home mad repair patch so I will keep you posted
reohn2 wrote:Rubber solution,to stop it evaporating in the tube,when you've finished using it press the tube so glue is juussttt issues out of the nozzle,then put the top back on eliminating air from inside,any air left in the tube and the glue disappears.
mw3230 wrote:"Evo-Stik Impact Adhesive is much like the glue contained in puncture repair kits. Using this you can make your own patches from old inner tubes"