What are you doing?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Mick F wrote:Our tank is gurgling.

I have to drain the hot water cylinder AND the primary heating coil system. This includes both the woodburner and the kitchen range back boilers.

So how many boilers do you have working it, and do they work radiators as well? It sounds complicated, is it efficient and do you have any other means of powering it apart from wood?
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Was doing well post-an upbeat meeting with my union rep re:employer bashing.

Assembled new trailer but then the post came and a letter with more incompetence by my employer and probably more pay chasing. Booo!!

Now I'm depressed again.

Oh well, good night's sleep and try again tomorrow. A trip to the charity shop with a pile of stuff to try out the new trailer to raise spirits and then who knows what!
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
stoatsngroats

Post by stoatsngroats »

Robert82 wrote:It's in this post

Looks like a nice distance....Hope all goes well for you both! :D
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

I'm about to get ready for a rare family dayout tomorrow in York (daughter's graduation). Need to press the glad rags!!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Robert82 wrote:So how many boilers do you have working it, and do they work radiators as well? It sounds complicated, is it efficient and do you have any other means of powering it apart from wood?

We have complicated system I suppose.

We live in a 2 bedroom bungalow surrounded by woodland. We have a multifuel stove in the living room and a solid fuel cooking range in the kitchen. We burn anything we can get in the living room. Pallets and scrap wood galore, not to mention the trees I can cut down up in the wood. We burn anthracite in the kitchen.

The heating is very efficient as far as costs are concerned. Anthracite is expensive, but not only does it heat the house, we cook on it as well. pallets and trees cost nothing. All I have to do is collect them and own a chainsaw.

Both the back boilers feed into the heating coil in the tank, and an electric pump can blow the boilers' hot water around the central heating as and when required. We have radiators in both bedrooms, the bathroom and at the far end of the living room.

When it's all going, we're cosy and warm!
Mick F. Cornwall
Robert

Post by Robert »

I suppose you've got electric water heating as well? I fancy a woodburner with a boiler connected up to the heating system, but I wouldn't want to depend on it all the time. The woodburner works fine in France, we're only there for holidays, and what's the point of a house in France without a chainsaw? Roll on retirement.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I can't sleep, so I'm looking at the tea shop.
Jeckyll_n_Snyde

Post by Jeckyll_n_Snyde »

Returned the rack back to LBS and got a TorTec Expedition instead....fits a bit better; but only just.....came loose on trip back home, scary moment, disaster avoided by mudguard holding it off the ground.....dont think i tightened the allen bolts enough :oops:
MALE by the evolutionary process of natural selection
Heterosexual by choice
Atheist by the grace of G** :wink: :wink: :wink:
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Outside, it is persistently precipitating in the direction of down.

And I'm drinking tea again.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

JohnW wrote:And I'm drinking tea again.

Our plumbing is watertight.
The range in the kitchen cooked our stew - YUM!
The woodburner is hot in the living room.
Tons of hot water!!

And I'm drinking wine .......
Mick F. Cornwall
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Glad your plumbing is working fine. Have to sort the fan on ours which is being tempremental (Mrs.Wildduck was late for work this morning as a result).

Then its bike mechanics. Not sure which I dislike the most!

Oh well, at least its eggs on toast this morning and the sun is out. Makes everything look good again! :D
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Wildduck wrote:

Oh well, at least its eggs on toast this morning and the sun is out. Makes everything look good again! :D

Wot, no chips?
john4703

Post by john4703 »

I'm at home draining two radiators so I can take them off to make space for the fitting of new sills on the new windows that are being fitted next Wednesday.
Fed up as I had a puncture on my way to work yesterday, ended up walking with the bike for about 15 mins as I thought that was quicker than a repair. Got to work on time and all fixed now.
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

No chips, perhaps tonight.

Mrs.Wildduck's bike upgraded with new tyres, new cycle computer, better front light (IQ Fly), front pannier rack mounting improved and headset adjusted (not bad for the first time in 10 years!).

Harold (see below) fitted with dynamo, front light (cast-off from Mrs.Wildduck's bike!) and rear light fitted. Just need to do the wiring when I get some more ties.

Tired after all that, so lunch and a short sleep (long story....).

Boiler still not done. Tour de France now.....
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Just baked a carrot and pineapple cake.

Oh ... ok .... and had a piece! Very good it is too.
Dee