Since when is a tandem a non standard HPV ?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Wildduck wrote:I'll suggest it to Quackers when I tuck him in for the night.

Is a single pannier - "Non-standard" cycling and therefore inclusive?
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

You're probably right. Do you notice some of the single-pannier brigade on here follow it with quite some religious zeal? And some people wonder why I call them the loony brigade (of which I am glad to be counted with!)

SINGLE PANNIERS! WE LOVE YOU!

Sorry about that :oops:
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

So you admit to single pannier abuse....... where do you stand on rack packs........ are these an entity in their own right or a cunningly disguised centrally placed single pannir?
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Rack packs are just an oddly shaped single pannier that has dragged over the top of the rack. Simple really!
david143

Post by david143 »

Well, I always use one of these
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

A most excellent bag. Have one permanently on the back of Quackers.
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

When Tim and I ride Audaxes on the Joybringer...(only the 2nd Rholof tandem designed and built by Longstaffs) and are out all day, rack packs aren't practical. Therefore we tend to use one small panier each. Does that make us part of the loony one pannier brigade? :?
Denise
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

MrsMothy wrote:When Tim and I ride Audaxes on the Joybringer...(only the 2nd Rholof tandem designed and built by Longstaffs) and are out all day, rack packs aren't practical. Therefore we tend to use one small panier each. Does that make us part of the loony one pannier brigade? :?
Denise

Not if they match!

Otherwise I am in trouble!

I must confess to the deviation of ..............................

3 panniers - yep - 3

Is that worse than a single pannier?

(Actually it was 4, but the 4th one is my wife's - so if I am allowed to include this pannier in the count because it matched then I can still claim some form of normailty)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

My names John and I'm err,err, none standard,I/we ride a tandem (and own two) occasionally we use one pannier,there its out now and I feel much better for that thank you helping me to,to admit my failings. :cry:
hamster

Post by hamster »

Cunobelin wrote:3 panniers - yep - 3

Is that worse than a single pannier?

No, only 1.5 times worse.
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

Never mind John, owning a second tandem makes up for everything 8) . We occasionally share one pannier on one of the tandems but it causes problems because Tim fills it up we things we wouldn't ever WANT to use like inner tubes and tyre levers :x leaving little room for essentials like a hair brush :roll: . So more often than not, we take one little one each and as we don't fill them up, it makes things easier to find. They have pretty good compression straps so they don't flap.
Denise
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

MrsMothy wrote:Never mind John, owning a second tandem makes up for everything 8) . We occasionally share one pannier on one of the tandems but it causes problems because Tim fills it up we things we wouldn't ever WANT to use like inner tubes and tyre levers :x leaving little room for essentials like a hair brush :roll: . So more often than not, we take one little one each and as we don't fill them up, it makes things easier to find. They have pretty good compression straps so they don't flap.
Denise

The problem is I'm trying to talk Mrs R2 into a third tandem and don't see that as a problem :) ,as for hair brush I'm afraid I haven't had a use for one of those things for a number of years now.
One however needs to keep a good stock of none essentials (ie tubes,levers,tools,etc)in just the one pannier for asymmetry's sake :roll: