AthleteShop Returns

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
climo

AthleteShop Returns

Post by climo »

A heads up. Items are dispatched from the UK but have to be returned to the Netherlands. I specifically looked at that aspect before purchase and seeing the UK address naturally assumed I could return to the UK. Having bought 2 pairs of shoes to get the correct size I have to post one pair back - not cheap!
Reason for purchasing from them was the size was unavailable in the UK and not price related. They are cheaper in the UK.
You have been warned.
PH

Re: AthleteShop Returns

Post by PH »

Have you sent them back yet?
Parcel to Go will get you a good price on European deliveries. I sent two large hardbacked books to Belgium at Christmas, it cost the same as the PO charged to send a smaller lightweight parcel in the UK on Monday.
dainiusd

Post by dainiusd »

I had extremely bad experience with AthleteShop - 0 communication, bought 4 tyres and had to wait whole month just to realise they don't have enough stock. After another 2 weeks managed to get at least 3 items, and had to choose 1 to be different. Had to escalate new dispute with every message, otherwise they just don't reply...
climo

Post by climo »

Thanks for the tip, PH
Just called the UK phone number & was routed to the Netherlands. I can return the item to the Poole UK warehouse but it'll take up to 3 weeks extra for a refund! Now booked Collect+ insured for the full amount and with a signature as I don't trust Athleteshop. Turns out the UK address is just a forwarding warehouse belonging to a 3rd party.
Never again!!
mjr

Post by mjr »

I've bought a couple of things from Athleteshop over the last few years. I think they were Axa parts that are hard to get in this country. It was slightly cheaper than paying postage to import it myself and it wasn't more than I could afford to have held up for a few weeks.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
climo

Post by climo »

Update
They've just issued the refund. They would have got the goods back on July 8th. Unacceptable.
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

I ordered some tyres from here at a good price albeit P&P was more expensive than elsewhere..only to be told they wouldn't arrive for several weeks (despite showing that they were in stock)...so I asked them to cancel the order and issue a refund...I chased the refund only to find that this week they've gone out of business.

I've subsequently seen this thread and also comments from a raft of dissatisfied customers. It seems that they advertised cheap prices but didn't have the stock, then played people along until they either got the stock in or eventually refunded...until recently when they've simply pocketed the money and declared bankruptcy. It sounds like a lot of people have been left out of pocket.

So..goodbye £35.00 I doubt that I'll see that again.
whoof

Post by whoof »

hoppy58 wrote:I ordered some tyres from here at a good price albeit P&P was more expensive than elsewhere..only to be told they wouldn't arrive for several weeks (despite showing that they were in stock)...so I asked them to cancel the order and issue a refund...I chased the refund only to find that this week they've gone out of business.

I've subsequently seen this thread and also comments from a raft of dissatisfied customers. It seems that they advertised cheap prices but didn't have the stock, then played people along until they either got the stock in or eventually refunded...until recently when they've simply pocketed the money and declared bankruptcy. It sounds like a lot of people have been left out of pocket.

So..goodbye £35.00 I doubt that I'll see that again.

See the section on Chargeback for items costing less than £100 bought with some debit and credit cards.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopp ... tion-help/
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

Thanks for that information Whoof. I've just submitted a claim to the Halifax! How's the Sunn Vertik going?
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

Just to follow up my last post, Halifax have refunded my money (including postage) under the chargeback rules. I had to be patient and send further info in, but got there in the end.