cheap air bed mattress

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mercalia

cheap air bed mattress

Post by mercalia »

Blacks have been selling these at a very large discount for some time and seem to figure in all their sales

EUROHIKE Flocked Airbed Single £5

I bought one and have been testing it at home and very impressed - you dont inflate it to balloon standards just enough air to fully size it and your body does the rest. Very comfortable. I have posted this here rather than on the camping forum as not sure it suitable for cycle camping as takes too long to inflate, but they have other uses?

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/133627-eurohike-flocked-airbed-single.html#reviews

The one I have doesnt seem to deflate ( and I weigh a lot), not as bad as some have experienced on the camping forum finding their butt at 2am on the cold ground, so all the seams ok. I have been trying mine out for a week now, sleeping on the floor at home. As with all cheapies i suppose expect rogue samples, but for £5 a good buy if you get a good one? I intend to keep mine fully inflated in the junk room - I think its the continuous packing and unpacking that does many air beds/mats in, bending and wrinkling the material?
deliquium

Re: cheap air bed mattress

Post by deliquium »

Thanks for that heads up - just what I need for a visitor this coming Friday night :D

Also available from Millets https://www.millets.co.uk/equipment/133 ... ingle.html

Which is handy for me as I'll be cycling into Porthmadog tomorrow (assuming wind speeds below 45mph) and there's a branch there.
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

also an extra 10% off online hmm I see millets is 20% off

Its not the sort of airbed for those who toss and turn as it seems to hold you in one position - the flocking maybe. But I have found sleeping on my back or side all night fine as I normally toss and turn
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

after a bit of use best to inflate them reasonably hard to make sure the simple valve closes securely. was surprised that was still comfortable ( but i am a bit heavy) I bought a spare one and this one just as good as the first. So I am amazed at getting so much for so little, where you need a spare bed for visitors at home. And it dont weigh much either.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

well after 2 weeks of use it started to leak. I think inflating it hard did it. maybe be ok if you dont.....so like all cheap airbeds you get what you payfor... :oops:
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Buy cheap, buy twice. I bought a North Ridge mat for my daughter and it started to leak. I put it in the bath to find the offending hole and in seconds I found it. Then another, then another, then another, then another! Hundreds of pin-prick leaks!

The whole underside of the mat had become semi permeable. That is at least the 4th purchase from Go Outdoors that has malfunctioned. I won't use them anymore.