What are you doing?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Wildduck wrote:Already cooked up a batch of peanut butter cookies this morning.

Just got to do a large batch of sauasge sandwiches (with homemade bread and homemade sausages).

All to be delivered to the hospital ward where my wife works as a special mid-morning treat to keep them all going.

And to top it all, my new bib shorts and headset tool arrived just now. Perhaps today is going to be a better day! :D

OK ... Mrs Wildduck! This is my official application: when you have finished with him, can be first in the orderly queue, which is undoubtedly forming even as I speak!?

And while I'm waiting I'll have a sausage sandwich and a PB cookie!

Thank you!

:D

Re today being a better day: it sounds like it already is, Wildduck!

Meanwhile back on topic: I'm making my second banana cake in two days! This one is for my children's head teacher's leaving bash!
Dee
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Did think of the banana cake yesterday; spurs me on the making a batch of banana and sultana muffins for Mrs.Wildduck.

As for alturism, I minded of A Christmas Carol when the Ghost of Christmas Past takes Scrooge back to Mr.Fezziwigs Christmas party and states that for a paltry couple of pounds that Mr.F brings so much happiness to so many.

Mrs.Wildduck's ward must have the highest morale in the hospital; good for staff and therefore good for patients. Good for me in making me feel valued. I love win-win situations!

I'll pass the application to Mrs.Wildduck when she finishes today but I don't think she'll give me up easy...
Last edited by Wildduck on 18 Jul 2008, 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I am babysitting and trying to avoid frightening my grandson with the missing fang.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Having a welcome break from fitting kiddy cranks to tandem.

Feel like a proper mechanic today with excessively greasy fingernails, could add a little flavour to the favourite sandwich thread. :lol:

The transmission bits are done although they put up a few challenges along the way. It's just dusting off, pumping up the tyres, checking the saddles and bars are in the right place, putting on the bar tape and taking it for a solo test ride left to go (and of course all the other sundry minor adjustments that are needed after a tandem's been hanging up for the last seven years).

The big question is do I go and surprise mini-me with it when I collect him from school this afternoon?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just had a sarnie and cuppa after getting back from Tavistock.
Been shopping with Bike and Trailer.

Hard work back home with the hills!
Mick F. Cornwall
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Just made banana and sultana muffins and a loaf of bread is almost finished baking.

Time for my sausage sandwich and a little Tour de France... (was to go swimming and have a sauna but the wife hasn't got keys to get back in after work!

Ah, the bread is ready....
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

getting prepared to run 10k tonight at about 7ish...wish me luck
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU .... CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Good luck!

Any reason for the run?
Mick F. Cornwall
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

Mick F wrote:Good luck!

Any reason for the run?

im really a utility cyclist...i cycle because i have to...then theres the odd day when i really enjoy it and go off for a enjoyable ride

but my heart lies with running...i really enjoy doing it but i struggle sometimes balancing cycling and running...and cycling always seems to take priority.

i do running purely for the fun of it! :D
MrsWildduck

Post by MrsWildduck »

Dee Jay.......

No you cannot have him as he is all mine!!!!!!

Sausage sandwiches and cookies went down very well this morning........

What Wildduck did not tell you is that we were all out last night and then I had to be in work at 7am!

I have never seen so many people squeezed into our little kitchen at work!
Sometimes a cycling widow due to Quackers!
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

thirdcrank wrote:Image

I am babysitting and trying to avoid frightening my grandson with the missing fang.

please adhere to the warning sign

they may look cute but....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
john4703

Post by john4703 »

I'm in work and fed up. Was out last night on a Jazz cruise on the Clyde, got home at half past midnight and was up at 5.30 this morning to come to work. Had to get the bus to work as meeting my wife and her sister afterwards and going for a few drinks.
I'm off work for three days so smiling but not as broadly as I'll be at 3.30 when I finish for today.
I plan to clean my bike on Tuesday and even get some polish onto the frame.
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

MrsWildduck wrote:
Dee Jay.......

No you cannot have him as he is all mine!!!!!!

I can't say that I'm surprised!!

Sausage sandwiches and cookies went down very well this morning........

What Wildduck did not tell you is that we were all out last night and then I had to be in work at 7am!

I have never seen so many people squeezed into our little kitchen at work!

Lucky Mrs Wildduck! Lucky ward!!

Mind you, I'm lucky too - although my husband has never done any baking to the best of my knowledge! (bless!) :lol: He is more 'a bottle of Freixinet and a bunch of roses' kinda man! :D

Meanwhile back on topic: I'm eating some rhubarb and vanilla yoghurt after a trip to Tescos which appeared to full of exceptionally grumpy people!

Dee
MrsWildduck

Post by MrsWildduck »

I have just had a delicious chinese takeaway........

MrWildduck is heading to his parents ready for the london to Southend run tomorrow so I am home alone
Sometimes a cycling widow due to Quackers!
johnonthetyne

Post by johnonthetyne »

watchin drivel on sky(1000 channels of crap) and drinkin large amount of harmfully strong lager.