Chris Marshall, Keighley

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Steve

Chris Marshall, Keighley

Post by Steve »

Does anyone know if Chris Marshall is still trading in Keighley? His phone line is dead and rumours are that he had to vacate his premises.
colin54

Re: Chris Marshall, Keighley

Post by colin54 »

Thread about this from February this year:

viewtopic.php?t=112133
Nu-Fogey
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I spoke to Chris, on the 'phone, a couple of weeks ago. His Keighley workshop hasn't been available to him for re-opening and it looks as though it won't be. When we spoke he was working from his premises at home - somewhere near Bingley. I am awaiting settlement of a claim following being hit - well over two years ago now - and I have a quote from him for a new frame. When we spoke, he was still building and would welcome my order - when the legal eagles have sorted it out.

I have his number, but as I said in the thread that Colin has linked us to, I don't want to give it to anyone without his permission - I'm sure you'll understand. If you PM me to the effect that you seriously want to contact him, I'll 'phone him and ask if it's OK.
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

JohnW wrote:I spoke to Chris, on the 'phone, a couple of weeks ago. His Keighley workshop hasn't been available to him for re-opening and it looks as though it won't be. When we spoke he was working from his premises at home - somewhere near Bingley. I am awaiting settlement of a claim following being hit - well over two years ago now - and I have a quote from him for a new frame. When we spoke, he was still building and would welcome my order - when the legal eagles have sorted it out.

I have his number, but as I said in the thread that Colin has linked us to, I don't want to give it to anyone without his permission - I'm sure you'll understand. If you PM me to the effect that you seriously want to contact him, I'll 'phone him and ask if it's OK.

A genuine question; if he's still open for business and would welcome an order, why wouldn't he want his number given our :?:
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Airsporter1st wrote:
JohnW wrote:I spoke to Chris, on the 'phone, a couple of weeks ago. His Keighley workshop hasn't been available to him for re-opening and it looks as though it won't be. When we spoke he was working from his premises at home - somewhere near Bingley. I am awaiting settlement of a claim following being hit - well over two years ago now - and I have a quote from him for a new frame. When we spoke, he was still building and would welcome my order - when the legal eagles have sorted it out.

A genuine question; if he's still open for business and would welcome an order, why wouldn't he want his number given our :?:

I didn't say that he didn't - he probably does want contact - but would you want me to give your personal contact details to other people? - people that you don't know? - it's not for me to do - at best it's a discourtesy. Chris may very well have a business number now, but the number that I have for him is his mobile number, and that's personal.

I don't want to make an issue out of it - I was only trying to help.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just spoke to Chris and he is happy for his phone number to be made public.

07967 298205

Hope this doesn't amount to advertising.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Steve wrote:Just spoke to Chris and he is happy for his phone number to be made public.

07967 298205

Hope this doesn't amount to advertising.

That's OK then, and it's an interesting coincidence - I was talking to him on the 'phone about two hours ago! He's definitely in business.