Funding for Bike Lockers for Flats?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
permafietser

Funding for Bike Lockers for Flats?

Post by permafietser »

Does anybody know whether there are any sources of funding available to assist/encourage landlords to install secure bike lockers for flats?

There seem to be few rentable flats with anywhere at all to secure, let alone store securely, bikes of any description and, unless your landlord is particularly bike-friendly, and you're on the ground floor, it is at least inconvenient and may even be forbidden in tenant contracts. Car parking is often thought about but I have yet to see even letting agents consider this issue at all, yet many people own bikes, if only for their children.
I will also approach my local council (Falkirk)but any ideas or information would be helpful, including recommended suppliers.
Thank you.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Funding for Bike Lockers for Flats?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Buy a defunct transit, SORN it and leave it parked in your designated space...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
pjclinch

Re: Funding for Bike Lockers for Flats?

Post by pjclinch »

Ask at your local council. I know Dundee are actively looking at this sort of thing, I suspect they're not the only ones.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...