netherlands cycle tour

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
holidaycyclist

netherlands cycle tour

Post by holidaycyclist »

We have just completed our first tour of the Netherlands for our Golden Wedding.Big THANK YOU for all the advice offered in this forum.We used Hollandcycling.com as our start point for inspiration and then used Vrienden op de fiets.
We basically covered the Zuiderzee route with an extension to Texel.Weather was brill.Aftluisdijk amazing,people superb.Yes, you need to be people friendly to use VODP but well worth it.If you are thinking of doing a tour like this,our advice is DO IT!!!Thanks again for all the help.
Slowroad

Re: netherlands cycle tour

Post by Slowroad »

Great to hear that you had such a good time. Makes me want to get out there again! :D
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
burroc

Re: netherlands cycle tour

Post by burroc »

I'd be very interested to hear of anywhere you might suggest for us to base ourselves, if we were to stay in one (or possibly two) locations for a week of interesting day-rides. Thanks