other hobbies.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

It's wonderful to see such a wide range of interests!

And yes, great pix! More from you snapper types, please!
Dee
GPL

Post by GPL »

rugby league ref, fellwalking, cricket watching
aj

Post by aj »

Gardening and photography for me, a few of this years images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/25247239@N07/

Adrian
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hobbies other than cycling?????? There is only cycling isn't there??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously have variously done; dressmaking, knitting, embroidery/x-stitch, jam-making, baking. Do not try do too much baking/jam making now as do not eat it, or at least if I did have it around I would eat it amd can't afford the calories at the moment.

As a cyclist my other hobbies are cafe's, shopping for the bike and clothing, map reading, and enjoying the great out doors, I include bird watching in that.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

What, no other Church Bell Ringers out there :shock: :shock: :shock:!? I love it especially when I have just learnt a new method (tune). It takes a lot of time and dedication to learn to ring to begin with but when it all starts to come together its wonderful. There's something very ENGLISH and quaint about hearing the sound of the bells as you cycle through a village. It gets annoying on Sunday Audaxes though cos Tim won't stop to go and have a quick ring if we pass a Church where the bells are ringing. Bell Ringers are very welcoming people and its lovely visiting other towers when we are away from home.
We are also in the LDWA (long distance walkers association) and enjoy long challenging walks.
On a more sedate note, I love creating delicious new vegetarian dishes and cooking vegetarian food in general. Baking is also good fun. I used to do a lot of dressmaking and knitting but don't really have the time now.
Denise
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Any good veggie recipes?????? MrsMothy
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

aj wrote:Gardening and photography for me, a few of this years images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/25247239@N07/

Adrian

The 'raindrops' and the 'aphid' are particularly beautiful and I am quite taken with the notion of a bee's 'portrait'!

Thank you for posting.
Dee
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

all you photographers are good. i love italy and R2s took some real nice pics..i also like AJs ones of insects close up, but not the chilli eating aphid, obviously :lol:

as for chickens, manx cat, i'd like to have a few just for eggs, we've got a fairly big garden and it's none too tidy, but i'm unsure of how much work is involved

mick, can you repair clocks, if you received one in the post, is a hobby that you enjoy, or just a skill you have but aren't keen on doing more of?
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Model Railways, and working in an old copper mine at Alderley Edge in Cheshire, www.derbyscc.org.uk will give an insight to what we do, it's basicaly industrial archeology, but underground.
MrsMothy

Post by MrsMothy »

eileithyia wrote:Any good veggie recipes?????? MrsMothy

If you're really interested, I'll see what I can dig out early next week when we get back from Warwick folk festival.

...oh yes thats another hobby...listening to folk, particularly acoustic folk, at home, in folk clubs and at festivals :D :D :D .

Denise
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

aj wrote:Gardening and photography for me, a few of this years images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/25247239@N07/

Adrian

I like your macro's nice 'work' :)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Climbing mainly for me, particularly in Scotland in winter. I also take a few photos, but I wouldn't call myself a photographer - I don't go out with a camera for the sake of photography, just try to get some nice photos of my activities. I also enjoy cooking. And eating. Oh, and some fell running too.
CW

Post by CW »

Apart from cycling, cabinet making. I`m lying in our king size colonial style bed made out of English Oak,( sourced in Northamptonshire ) that I made 2 years ago. Tapping this out on my laptop
Recently gave up flying Radio controlled model helicopters. Reactions were slowing down.
I`m also rather partial to the odd malt whisky
Chris
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

hubgearfreak wrote:as for chickens, manx cat, i'd like to have a few just for eggs, we've got a fairly big garden and it's none too tidy, but i'm unsure of how much work is involved

Very little work, and if you wanted to go for bantams we would be happy to give you a starter kit. Yell if you want more info.

Nick
Grant

Post by Grant »

During the Winter I curl for Balruddery Curling Club. The season goes from about end of September to the end of March with usually 1 or 2 matches a week. I also help coach the kids curling too.

I have an allotment which keeps me busy during the summer growing a range of fruit, veg & flowers. I also grow more stuff in the back garden too.

I have a couple of folks garden which I maintain over the year too - just general weeding and keeping it tidy.

And if that weren't enough I really need to get back hill walking again as I really enjoyed that.

I'm only 27 and struggle to find time to do most of the above - I don't want to think what I'll be like when I retire :shock: