information regarding my bike? mercian

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
amediasatex

Re: information regarding my bike? mercian

Post by amediasatex »

Thanks for the Scans Mick, but based on the MTB pic that is definitely not a 1993 brochure, more like 2005ish, as Those Fox Forks weren't released until 2001/2002 at the very earliest, and they look like the later 2004/2005 model based on the graphics...
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

amediasatex wrote:Thanks for the Scans Mick, but based on the MTB pic that is definitely not a 1993 brochure, more like 2005ish, as Those Fox Forks weren't released until 2001/2002 at the very earliest, and they look like the later 2004/2005 model based on the graphics...

I'd agree with that. I picked up my brochure from the shop when I ordered my Mercian in 2005 - and certainly that's the one. The separate sheet price list that came with it is dated 2004. The 'Velocita' illustrated on page 12 was actually on display in the shop.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes, you both seem to be correct. :oops:
I don't know when I got it. It seems too early to have been when I was last there in 2007 .............. but could be that late?
Mick F. Cornwall
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

JohnW wrote:...................I agree about the lugs and the brakes - Weinmann 730s? - and the levers look like GBs to me, but not a pattern that I ever had..................

Some of lyncho's photos have disappeared - it seems that I have to click into the same bucket as someone else in order to see them now - whereas they were fine about a week ago.

However, I digress. I've been sniffing through my spares buckets and on the bike shed floor and I find that I have had some GB brake levers similar to (but not identical with) the levers on this now-famous Mercian. However, whilst the first of lyncho's photos are still accessible on the Forum they're not altogether clear and my zoom up to 400% doesn't give the clarity for me to be sure.................but I actually think the brake stirrups may be GB as well.

It's no big deal now that we've all put our two-pennorth in, but I thought I'd just mention it.

What's with this "Photobucket" outfit? I don't understand how it can work for a while, and then cease to do so. The wording in the space where the photo used to be suggests that more payment by someone is needed........that's the trouble with technology.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

The tech's fine however the business model of Photobucket is absolutely pants.
lyncho1983

Post by lyncho1983 »

morning,

yeah that's weird that the pictures have disappeared. I think I have some close up pics of the brakes so il add them on here.

darren
Malky 1422

Post by Malky 1422 »

I love the Mercians, and wish I had kept a couple that I sold years ago. I have a Mercian Strada built 2007 and cost £760 then 853 tubes AND STAYS. Now £1250. thats up almost £500 and I know for a fact general wages havent risen that much. Its all a bit boutique prices now, Bob Jackson is much more realistic and similar high quality.
lyncho1983

Post by lyncho1983 »

afternoon all,

no posted in the subject for a while but thought I would give a quick update as im looking to sell the bike.

ive been going back and forth emailing Mercian pictures of the bike and they have stated that it is indeed a Mercian bike.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

lyncho1983 wrote:afternoon all,

no posted in the subject for a while but thought I would give a quick update as im looking to sell the bike.

ive been going back and forth emailing Mercian pictures of the bike and they have stated that it is indeed a Mercian bike.

My mate, one of their builders, told you so :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
lyncho1983

Post by lyncho1983 »

Haha really?! They were very helpful guys.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

lyncho1983 wrote:Haha really?! They were very helpful guys.

No right at the beginning of the post, I shared your photos to one of their frame builders, he confirmed it but others were not so sure... ha ha anyway told you so... lol :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
lyncho1983

Post by lyncho1983 »

ahh right yea he was right as you say.

Just need to look into selling it now or even seeing if anyone is interested in it.

Darren
Graham

Post by Graham »

If you want to sell via the forum, please prepare a Small Ad with the details, including photo(s) and post in the "For Sale - Whole Bikes" section.

You can include a link to this topic if you feel that would be beneficial.
lyncho1983

Post by lyncho1983 »

Thanks Graham I did post one with with a link to this but il try put some pictures in it too

Darren